Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Beautiful pix. The teacher's daughter and her BF were volunteering today in class. The BF went around changing all the screen savers to Fall woods scenes. lol I gave him a high 5!!!!!!
I just did the same thing this week. I changed my Lotus Notes stationery to the fall leaves. Now, I'll have to download some pics from last years Thanksgiving trip to the Blue Ridge Mts. and pop them into my desktop at work.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:21 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Thats how we feel in Florida. Just go down any street here in Florida and you will not see any children playing anywhere because of the extreme heat.
You know what? I "catch" my co-workers all the time when they say they love the FL weather. I ask them what they plan to do for the weekend and all their plans are always indoor oriented. So, then I ask, "Nothing outside to do???" Then they say, "Ohh...it's too hot..."

Me: "But I thought you LOVED this weather..."
Them: <complete silence>

IMO, some of these FL weather lovers don't even realize they can't tolerate it or they simply don't admit it.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
You know what? I "catch" my co-workers all the time when they say they love the FL weather. I ask them what they plan to do for the weekend and all their plans are always indoor oriented. So, then I ask, "Nothing outside to do???" Then they say, "Ohh...it's too hot..."

Me: "But I thought you LOVED this weather..."
Them: <complete silence>

IMO, some of these FL weather lovers don't even realize they can't tolerate it or they simply don't admit it.

LOL, I just went outside right now and its like an inferno out there.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:11 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
I was just outside too. Beautiful palms were swaying in a light breeze under a stunning azure sky, dotted with puffy clouds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
LOL, I just went outside right now and its like an inferno out there.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I was just outside too. Beautiful palms were swaying in a light breeze under a stunning azure sky, dotted with puffy clouds.
You must not have been in Orlando then.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
We just had a yard sale this morning and all 3 of us took turns going inside to breathe, and hydrate, it SUCKED.... It's 91 and feels like 99. At 6am it was 82 degrees... YA, WICKED NICE WEATHER!!!!! I took a cold shower as soon as we were done.

And we were in the SHADE the whole time.

As I felt my skin burning in the piercing sun, the sweat began slowly dripping down my face, I began to slowly fall asleep as the heat sucked me dry of my energy, it was beautiful....

Old 09-13-2008, 01:57 PM

Here is an article from the State of Florida Division of Emergency Management that has some important tips on how to deal with the Florida heat:

http://www.floridadisaster.org/eoc/e...0Heat%20PR.pdf

Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
We just had a yard sale this morning and all 3 of us took turns going inside to breathe, and hydrate, it SUCKED.... It's 91 and feels like 99. At 6am it was 82 degrees... YA, WICKED NICE WEATHER!!!!! I took a cold shower as soon as we were done.

And we were in the SHADE the whole time.

As I felt my skin burning in the piercing sun, the sweat began slowly dripping down my face, I began to slowly fall asleep as the heat sucked me dry of my energy, it was beautiful....
Because of my job, I have to spend a lot of time outside with the boy I work with, going from building to building, recess, PE, etc. I come home from work and I am so sticky from being outside so much. All I want to do is take another shower. The canopies in the playground came down after Fay and they never put them back up. There is very little shade now in the playground. Yep, I try to find some shade but I have to sit many times in the blazing hot noon day sun. It is absolutely awful. This school is within walking distance of the beach. Still there is no breeze. Sometimes the boy even asks me if he can go back inside. All he says is, "too hot". No, this one is NOT from another state.

I did this without blinking an eye in NY when the temps were in the 30s. All I did was put on extra clothes. What can I do here? Nothing. You can only take OFF so many clothes and end up with sunburn besides.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
And it is funny to hear how people complain when their central air is broken. Today a friend of my parents was saying how bad he felt because the central air broke down. I told him that I went for a year without air conditioning (2007) to see how life would be. A group of people looked at me like I was crazy. If not for the air conditioner, south Florida would still have a population like 1970.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:42 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
At 6am it was 82 degrees... YA, WICKED NICE WEATHER!!!!!
First, That was an awesome post !

Second, It's warm throughout the South right now, Today at 6am here it was 75 with 82% humidity.

Although, After tomorrow ( 88 ) we have predicted 8 day highs of...

74, 77, 78, 80, 80, 80, 79, 82 and the highest low is 63
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida