Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom
alot of homes for sale in Deep Creek? Guess how many homes are in this development? Do the realtors tell you that? Maybe. Well there are over 3,000 homes here.
I specifically mentioned that one possibility was that your subd. may be very large. Of course, with a neighborhood that large, not all is equal. Subd. that large are usually divided into phases and units. A real estate appraiser will typically take homes from the same phase/unit, or the nearest surrounding phase/units to determine the value of a home (some exceptions conceded). Homes in a section that are going for $200k, cannot be compared to homes in a section going for $400K. If they are, adjustments would be made to compensate. The same goes for comparing homes with less square feet, older age, etc. There are rules for this sort of thing. Unless, some one is purchasing with cash, there will be no way around getting an appraisal.

How does your phase compare?

BTW- do apts. back homes in your subd.? Does I75 run through your subd.? Is noise a problem for your subd.? What about the golf course lots? Many homes were on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom
Desperate, not a chance...
Just wanted to talk to some nice people here.
Spoonfeeding, nah, just wanted to let ya know what is available down here.
I do live here and know what's going on. There is only so much you can pull up on the computer.
I'll leave the desperate thing alone because those were not my words. Spoonfeeding, though, I did use. That is how it feels. Many people live in the area and are familar with it. You have been strongly selling the area in all of your post to assist with boosting home sales there. That is quite obvious. Others from the general area have disagreed with you so obviously there is another side.

You say you are moving becuase of a business transfer. Funny, you are able to wait out the sale of your home no matter how long it takes. Most jobs do not allow this benefit. When they transfer you, you have a deadline for arriving. Is your husband self employed or planning to work for family when you relocate? Maybe that is why you can wait this thing out. (Just speculating, that's all.) In which case, why are you really relocating? Is business bad there, do you not like the people, etc. All communites have good and bad things about them. By only focusing on the good and not sharing the negative as well, it gives the feeling that you are being something less than contrite with us.

From your post in the PA forum, you do not seem to like the area you live as much as you say on here. You said the people are unfriendly. You failed to mention this to us.

I have no personal problem with you. I just think everyone could benefit from objective overview of your area and I have a hard time believing that of all the homes (and there were a lot) listed below yours, that yours is far superior. It doesn't make sense to use to even say that because if is doubtful that you have seen the exterior, or the interior of all of these homes. If it is true, then you should not have a problem selling.

It also is not true to say your home is $40K below all the homes in your subd. because there are tons of homes in your subd. priced below yours. Maybe you could change that to $40k below the homes on your street, or in your section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv
WOW,
this was all very interesting.

After all this, my husband and I are going to rent for 6mos. max, so that we can spend time looking and researching while we are there.
We like Palm Harbor/ Dunedin.

Jewels, you and I are on the same page.
My friend in Dunedin told me that same story about people in his community asking for
excessive amounts- 100-125k more than what they paid after living in it a year or so.
One guy reduced his asking price and sold right away.
The others are still on the market.
Yes, we are on the same page here.

Muggy- Great post!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:05 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times
Wow Jewels!! I was starting to think i was the only one who picked up on the fact there's more to bamboosmom's 'story'.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:40 AM

128 posts, read 641,241 times
Well said Jewels!!!!!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:51 AM

693 posts, read 2,761,255 times
I just think that this site is the *worst* place for anyone to "advertise" their property. It makes you look desperate, makes your property looks fishy, and the whole thing looks very unprofessional. We're talking about a $300,000.00 purchase. The buyer will probably want to deal with someone who has a good deal of respect to the property, the sale, and the buyer.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:04 AM

91 posts, read 337,060 times
For me, with new eyes having looked in the area, it seems that all the houses I looked at, and I looked at about 50 + homes in a week and a half's time, that it's not so much what the house has, since they are all similar in style and layout...is where. One useful bit of advice, is if you are looking at alot of properties, like I did, is to take pictures, so you can remember what you looked at and where.
I've looked at some very upgraded, beautiful homes but the area wasn't that appealing. They were, for example, too far from the grocery store, downtown, the bridges, etc. The house we are moving to, doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" as the other homes we looked at, BUT has everything I wanted in it AND is in the perfect location, for me. The other thing to remember that for people like me, there is so much inventory that I had the luxury of choices and time. In a seller's market, I wouldn't have been so lucky. Most any property will sell, eventually. The right buyer just has to come along, is all.
I can understand that Bamboosmom is anxious to sell but I wouldn't say, desperate. It's hard enough to have your house on the market and feel a little rejected when people come through and then see no offer. It makes you think, "What's wrong?" Here is where one would ask the realtor to get feed back from the people coming in to find out from the perspective buyer, what the objection(s) were to the property. This way, you get an idea of why and if there is anything to address it, if possible.
It's just a little hard when you are in limbo with your life and you just want to get on with it, already. Cut her a break. I agree that this may not be the forum for trying to sell property but she knows the area and has provided some pretty useful info, at least to me. On the other hand, this is a major event in her life and one can't help to at least make mention of it and what she has been finding, personally, in her area.
Mind you too, she is looking at the very opposite of what I am and I have offered my negatives to her and her to me but we agree that it's what we each want for our lives that is important and if I can help sharing what I know, rather than what I feel, and vice versa, which does overflow, here, then it's up to me to keep that in mind for stuff I read or share here. In all this, there have been some pretty good facts and points of view, that I never thought of which is why I came here in the first place and my take away to look into on my own. I want to thank ALL of you for sharing your knowledge, it's really helped me alot!!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:05 AM

91 posts, read 337,060 times
Geez, it seems everywhere I go, I end up writing a novelette. Sorry, guys

Old 07-01-2006, 10:10 PM

598 posts, read 2,269,370 times
Just as a heads-up for those who use realtor.com (as well as other similar websites) to do some researching (don't we all? ) I was told by several realtors that the listings were not up to date and did not include most of what's in the MLS. Some listings are actually more than a year old. You have a mish-mosh of old listings, bank repos and HUD homes etc in there along with current listings, so your results can be a bit misleading. A good sign of such would be finding homes that are listed under the current market price. At first glance it may appear as though the homes prices in the area are declining, but in actuallity may not be the case at all but simply a symptom of your results being full of repos. Just thought I would mention this since we tend to jump to realtor.com for quick information. Something to keep in mind It sure is fun to "window shop" there though!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:15 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal
Just as a heads-up for those who use realtor.com (as well as other similar websites) to do some researching (don't we all? ) I was told by several realtors that the listings were not up to date and did not include most of what's in the MLS. Some listings are actually more than a year old. You have a mish-mosh of old listings, bank repos and HUD homes etc in there along with current listings, so your results can be a bit misleading. A good sign of such would be finding homes that are listed under the current market price. At first glance it may appear as though the homes prices in the area are declining, but in actuallity may not be the case at all but simply a symptom of your results being full of repos. Just thought I would mention this since we tend to jump to realtor.com for quick information. Something to keep in mind It sure is fun to "window shop" there though!
There's alot of good information on national real estate journal and cnn money as well.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,123 times
cakeprincess, Have you tried a Home Stager?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida