Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times

Advertisements

Well, my NUMBER ONE gripe isn't about any of these things. It is about the WEATHER. I cannot make Florida's weather into New York's weather. The only solution to this is to outright move. I intend to do that, hopefully sooner rather than later. I guess I am just in a bad mood all the time because of it. I tend to avoid people from New York because I don't want to talk about "isn't it GREAT how nice and WARM it is here" (No), "don't you just love going to the beach in December" (No), "well, weather is the reason WE moved here" (speak for yourself).

They drive me crazy. I would rather be around the natives who don't swoon over temperature all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 02:28 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
I have to ask, what did you move to florida for? I mean weather is usually the contributing factor to the move. What were your reasons?

Old 02-21-2009, 02:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Husband's job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I have to ask, what did you move to florida for? I mean weather is usually the contributing factor to the move. What were your reasons?
He was out of work for over a year (IT) and a company in Florida was the first to offer him one.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Maybe on the east coast but not the gulf. Here everyone is from the midwest.

Don't be so sure! There are lots of New Yorkers living in many parts of the west, and changing it for the better!..........................

Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 AM

263 posts, read 574,721 times
NY'ers own Spring Hill now. They are everywhere.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Well, I've said it before, and I know no one is listening, but i'll waste my time and say it again.

Just like Florida is a big place, with very different regions, SO IS NEW YORK.

New York is also a BIG STATE. A little tiny bit of it way to the east has a place called NYC and Long Island. Most New Yorker's have never even seen it, except on TV.

We are not all the same, just like you are not all the same. Seems to me there is a bit of a difference between Tallahassee and Miami. Well, there is a bit of a difference between someone from Buffalo and someone from NYC. Now, i'm not downing NYC people,...many are nice.

The point I'm making is that as a lifelong WESTERN NY'er, just outside of Buffalo I know I'm not the person many of you all are describing. I'm right wing conservative. I like pick up trucks and some country music. I don't like Rap. I live within my means. I built my own house and it is on acres of land. There is venison in my freezer.

As I get older, I have grown to dislike our 6 month long bone chilling, sub zero winters. I love my house in Florida, and I like what I have found there, and am not trying to change anything. When I move there I'm bringing my NY pension, my healthcare, my savings, and my manners and I will help make my community a better place. Heck, I'm now only down there two months a year and I'm doing that.

When you paint a entire group of people with one paintbrush, you just demean yourselves.

Frank D.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Hey pooring - you are saying that like it is a bad thing.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
You will find out that is the attitude of many Floridians towards Northerners in general.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 AM

Well - with that there are 2 problems - Northerners, in particular NYers going on and on about how they are the authority on things (what I'm hearing on these posts) and Floridians assuming that all NYers are like that and immediately becoming defensive at the notion of someone being from NY. People are never going to get along that way. If you always point your fingers at the other person then nothing will get fixed. Take a long hard look at yourself and see if you are part of the problem. Not you specifically Daily, I just meant people in general.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM

263 posts, read 574,721 times
Quote:
The NY'ers moving to Palm Coast are not like you and Faithful Frank. Go to PC and you'll see. It's no picnic! It's like a peice of S FL in Palm Coast.

There are now curfews for kids and red light cameras everywhere. This was not needed a few yrs ago when it was a decent place to live. Now it's overpopulated with aggressive mean, grouchy people from NY. I cant help it they act the way they do, and the population is full of NY'ers. It is what it is. If they want Floridians opinions' to change, then they need to change, and stop acting like the world revolves around them. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida