Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM

22 posts, read 51,748 times

Advertisements

Me and my friends decided to go on a cruice all together. we are 3 couples, between 21 and 25 years old. i read a lot of stuff online but it was SO SO much and hard for me to read everything, all i want is some recommondations which type of cruise might be the best for us. what we definitely want is some nice beaches, and since we are young, we also want some nightlife. we want to go for 5 days. we were talking about doing the cruise to the bahamas or to mexiko (cancun)... which one do you think is better? our budget is "okay", we do have the money for a cruise but still would like to save some money here and there. do you know any website with good deals on cruises? i heard there might be websites which offer discounts on the balkon rooms. and wight time do you think is good? we'd like to go in june, do you think that time is okay? i'm scared that it rains a lot in june?! we live in jacksonville. where do you think should we start the cruise from?

ps: sorry for my english, i'm from france and just moved here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Many of the cruises out of Jacksonville are to the Bahamas.
Port Canaveral will have many cruises down to Cozumel, Belize etc.
Cruises are relatively inexpensive when you figure in that you will not need to pay for any meals.
Try orbitz for your search and then check the cruise lines own website to compare pricing. Some offer 110% price match guarantee.
You should be able to find a 5-7 day cruise for under $700
The ships will have many clubs onboard and when you get to the other ports you can head to the beaches there.
You always run the chance of bad weather, when we go over Christmas we always have a few nights with rough seas and in June you will have the chance of some rain.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:28 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
I suggest posting in the travel forum.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Vacationstogo.com has all the lines and all the ports but if you book thru a cruise line and the prices do go down they lower your price. I went on Carnival and the agent told me to watch the prices. Don't forget you have port charges and daily cleaning fees to add in. I personally don't like doing all the excursions, so I try and pick a place that has a port where there are things for us to do on our own. Like Cozumel. Has great shopping and nice bars, Carlos and Charlies. Good Luck and have fun.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
I forgot to mention the prices do go up as soon as the schools get out around here, which is the end of May. My family and I went June 4th for 7 days to Bahamas and Cayman Islands, it was hot.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:31 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
I prefer the Western Carribean, Cozumel, Belize, etc., where you can see the ruins, plus some nice beaches out there with clear blue water. But the Eastern Carribean, depending on which cruise line you go, can stop at some private islands, which is nice too, so you won't be bothere by the natives and just relax out in the sun. However, I've been to the Bahamas more than I care for. Either way, a cruise is a great vacation. There's some awesome deals in Carnival right now for 5 days 4 nights for around $149 per person for an inboard cabin. If you want a window or balcony will cost you around $100 to $300 more, respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida