Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:35 PM

29 posts, read 161,403 times

Advertisements

If you could chose anywhere in Florida to live, where would you choose and why? My top criteria are school ratings and a younger family based community, not a retirement community and near the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 03:03 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
st augustine, ponte vedra or jax bch. like the area a lot. older fla feel, lower cost of living (except for ponte vedra), near the beach, get some cold weather in the winter... i like parts of all of fla. i like pbg, jupiter areas a lot. i like sarasota, clearwater... the list goes on. basically, i will not live south of palm bch gardens, jupiter area... other than that, i like many parts of fla.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
st augustine, ponte vedra or jax bch. like the area a lot. older fla feel, lower cost of living (except for ponte vedra), near the beach, get some cold weather in the winter... i like parts of all of fla. i like pbg, jupiter areas a lot. i like sarasota, clearwater... the list goes on. basically, i will not live south of palm bch gardens, jupiter area... other than that, i like many parts of fla.
Backofla,

I must agree with you my #1 choice is St Augustine, an area that can be called a Florida Paradise....

Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,194,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Backofla,

I must agree with you my #1 choice is St Augustine, an area that can be called a Florida Paradise....
You have been talking about that for a few days now. Has that always been your choice or have you just discovered it? It has never been on my radar but you have me curious what is the biggest attraction for you?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:06 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times
I have lived in 7 counties in Florida (count 'em: Flagler, Volusia, St. John's, Brevard, Hilllsborough, Alachua & Escambia.)

If I had to choose a place to raise kids, I'd say Alachua (Gainesville) U of F is there and offers all the advantages of a college town plus you're not far from Crescent Beach or St. Aug.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel3420 View Post
If you could chose anywhere in Florida to live, where would you choose and why? My top criteria are school ratings and a younger family based community, not a retirement community and near the beach.
Kel, so which town is your choice? Even though I haven't been all around Fla. like many of you have been, I would chose to live in Lake Placid. We absolutely love that little town, but unfortunately it's so small that the job situation is grim. It's just so cute though. Actually, since I'm in dreamland~I would live there about 8 months of the year and would live in the Keystone/Deadwood area of So. Dak. the other four months.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Yup, St Augustine....

Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM

60 posts, read 211,829 times
Well, we are finished raising kids so my first choice would be the Keys.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:12 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
i've not heard one negative thing about st augustine... no, i take that back. i've heard the complaint regarding lack of jobs there... i guess you could commute to jax if needed. i would guess it would take somewhere between 30-45 minutes, which isnt that much longer than, say, east orlando to downtown when it's busy

Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i've not heard one negative thing about st augustine... no, i take that back. i've heard the complaint regarding lack of jobs there... i guess you could commute to jax if needed. i would guess it would take somewhere between 30-45 minutes, which isnt that much longer than, say, east orlando to downtown when it's busy
We've never had the opportunity to see St. Augustine and I've always wanted to since it's the oldest city in the U.S. Is it really that nice there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida