Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times

Advertisements

The Niceville Bay Beacon is actually pretty good for a weekly, and does better long features than the NWF Daily News. Unfortunately, they're low budget and don't really do a web version, but you could e-mail them about getting a couple of issues:

Beacon Newspapers, Niceville Florida

Northwest Florida Daily News (in recent months, containing less actual news):

Northwest Florida Daily News

A couple of Bluewater websites:

We voted to go to a special tax district a couple years back because we wanted better landscaping but didn't want a development-wide HOA. About half of town was developed without neighborhood HOAs and the non-HOA residents felt like a special tax district was better than a HOA because it's a lot more limited in its power. It's about $70 per residental unit per year regardless of home size or value. Anyways, here's their web site, complete with explanations in the correspondence section about how beaver control on private property is outside of what the special tax district can do.

http://www.bluewaterbay.org/

General golf course website with links about swim, tennis, marina, etc.:

http://www.bwbresort.com/

The area is probably 90-95% year round residents with the rest snowbirds and a small number of short term rental condos/townhomes.

Last edited by beachmouse; 09-08-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
I live right by a tourist town now and we stay away as much as we can on the weekends. So, I know what you mean by that. Were people pretty friendly with you when you moved? If anyone has any pics of bluewater bay i would love to see them. The landscape, the streets, the schools etc. Does Niceville have a paper I could look at online??? Thanks guys.
The poster above me did really well on the paper front.

My suggestion would be that you come down and visit for a week, and see the area for yourself. I never move to an area I have never visited before.

BTW, what part of Misery do you live in? My mother lived there a few years back in Doniphan (spl) in the south east corner.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 AM

36 posts, read 171,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
Thanks guys! I am not looking for beach front. Oh, I would love it, but I'm afraid I could not afford it. Want under $1600 a month. BUT, I do really want the amentities at my fingertips. That's a big deal to me. Want the pool, want the tennis court, want the exercise room. Sounds like Santa Rosa Beach would be nice. Wondered if the tourists stayed at the beach or if they ventured into the city.

Linc- can I be nosey and ask what u guys do for a living down there. All I know if r/e. I do have my insurance license, but I just got them and dont have much experience yet.

One other thing. Is it as nice to live there as it is to visit?????
Thanks again guys, I appreciate the time u took to reply. Good luck on the move linc, let me know how u like it once your there.
Adner,

I am a computer programmer and my wife is a vet tech/pet groomer. We didn't have any trouble finding jobs. I called a company while I was in Destin looking at houses and drove over to an interview. They called me the next week and said I had the job. My wife went into 6 or so grooming shops/vet clinics and most of them said she could work there when she got into town. FYI.... we will finally be living there next Wednesday

Old 09-19-2009, 06:11 PM

122 posts, read 217,203 times
Thanks everyone. I had a death in the family and have not been back to the site for awhile. I looked at the links you guys sent me. That helps a bunch.

Glad to hear you had no problem getting a job down there. That is a real worry for us. Again, all we know are sales and that's pretty scary when you don't know anyone.

Please let me know how the new ones moving down there like it and what you think.

Also, would love to see pics of the towns. Not the beach, I've seen that, the actual towns.

Thanks again.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 AM

6 posts, read 15,082 times
Okaloosa schools are pretty much right up there with the best in the state.

PS--As a Choctaw and FSU grad, there are worst things in the world than going to school at FSU.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 83,849 times
WE ARE relocating from Scottsdale, AZ. My husband is working in Santa Rosa Beach and I am looking at himes in Destin. We have a 7,6 and 4 year old, we are lookin gat homes in Kelly planatation, Regatta Bay, Destiny and Burnt Pine, are any of these communities more kid friendly than others? We want a family friendly community. Thank you

Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 AM

440 posts, read 2,426,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campagnalaura View Post
WE ARE relocating from Scottsdale, AZ. My husband is working in Santa Rosa Beach and I am looking at himes in Destin. We have a 7,6 and 4 year old, we are lookin gat homes in Kelly planatation, Regatta Bay, Destiny and Burnt Pine, are any of these communities more kid friendly than others? We want a family friendly community. Thank you
Hello again, We live in Santa Rosa Beach too !!

We responded to your other post about the neighborhoods. Would you consider the Santa Rosa Beach / 30A area too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida