Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I do something very similar

I brew my own iced tea with tea bags (non-flavored) and add sliced fruit. If I am slicing up a fresh pineapple, I throw the core into the pitcher of iced tea.

I have also made iced tea with Splenda but prefer to sweeten the tea with fresh fruit.
That sounds good I will try that. I have so many bags of green tea that are just sitting around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
I drink Turkey Hill Diet iced tea by the gallons but looking to get off aspartame and don't want to trade it for Splenda or any other artficial sweeteners that are questonable for one's health. Does anybody have any suggestions for Diet Iced teas that actually taste good without sugar or artificial stuff?
The only thing I can think of is for you to go to the organic/all natural section in your local grocery store, search online, or like other people have suggest to add fruit to sweeten it. I stopped using artificial sweeteners almost 2 years ago. They are bad for you. It sucks that so many foods are processed with so much sugar, fat, and artificial ingredients in this country. Its like if you want healthy food, you need to buy fresh ingredients and cook it yourself or pay a lot of money for organic.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:52 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
I'm with those who suggest weaning off the fake stuff and drink your tea naked.

I like adding berries to mine for some flavor and of course lemon and lime are always a good choice.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:00 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
I brew my own iced tea, and add Stevia.

You can get yourself into a routine, of having a gallon of tea ready-to-go in the fridge, and a pot steeping on the stove, or in a glass gallon jar in the sunshine on a porch. Sun tea is delicious.

I use Luzianne quart-sized bags (family size) -- 4 to a gallon (or more if you want it strong; my husband only likes 3), and can let it steep for as long as you choose. Add cool water to make the gallon. The powdered Stevia, mixes readily with the tea, and even better are the Stevia drops. You can make it as sweet, or not, as you prefer.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Or you can grow your own stevia plants and just add a leaf to your iced tea.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,271,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I'm with those who suggest weaning off the fake stuff and drink your tea naked.

I like adding berries to mine for some flavor and of course lemon and lime are always a good choice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Totally agree with you.

It's just like salt. people eat too much of it.
Once you go off of it, you really enjoy the taste of food with out the salt.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Can't stand sugar in my tea, let alone artificial sweetener. I've got a big jar of sun tea brewing on my porch right now, and will be drinking it with lemon.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
If it is processed, store-bought diet iced tea, how come it has no artificial sweeteners? To my knowledge, this simply does not exist!

It either has sugar or sweeteners, except for the very few that have nothing at all.

Anyway, instead of buying sugarless, no sweetener of any kind tea, isn't it much easier to just brew your own?!

Old 06-27-2010, 07:49 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
LOL, I've never bought iced tea in my life apart from when out from a cafe or some such.

It has to be one of the EASIEST things to make there is, plus you can have it exactly the way you like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink