Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Glad it well Proud. I followed your other thread on the relationship forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Did he sleep okay on the couch?
Err, ah, yes. Yes he did.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Glad it well Proud. I followed your other thread on the relationship forum.
Jesus, people HATE me over there! I'm with D&J - This is a much more friendly relationship forum!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Jesus, people HATE me over there! I'm with D&J - This is a much more friendly relationship forum!
So funny! I had no idea that you'd posted about this on the Relationships forum. I've never gone there, although I know it exists.

What do you mean they hate you over there??? That's a honking load of irony, isn't it, that they'd HATE anyone on the RELATIONSHIPS forum?

Anyway, if you want friendly feedback to anything, throw a recipe into your thread, and post it here.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
So funny! I had no idea that you'd posted about this on the Relationships forum. I've never gone there, although I know it exists.

What do you mean they hate you over there??? That's a honking load of irony, isn't it, that they'd HATE anyone on the RELATIONSHIPS forum?

Anyway, if you want friendly feedback to anything, throw a recipe into your thread, and post it here.
Well, I had a dilemma other than dinner last night - I have a four year old and I hadn't told the guy I'm seeing yet simply b/c I felt there wasn't really an appropriate time for me to do so until last night b/c we were going to be alone and deepen the conversation a little more and get to know each other. So now I'm dubbed as a "bad mother." But I know what kind of mother I am and the blantent, judgemental ignorance people actually believe is really what bothered me.

It would have been different had I been hiding this from him for weeks, but last night was the 3rd time I've been around him, including the night I met him - maybe I should've handled it differently but it all worked out. He was shocked, but he didn't run for the hills or anything! Yet... LOL.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Well, I had a dilemma other than dinner last night - I have a four year old and I hadn't told the guy I'm seeing yet simply b/c I felt there wasn't really an appropriate time for me to do so until last night b/c we were going to be alone and deepen the conversation a little more and get to know each other. So now I'm dubbed as a "bad mother." But I know what kind of mother I am and the blantent, judgemental ignorance people actually believe is really what bothered me.

It would have been different had I been hiding this from him for weeks, but last night was the 3rd time I've been around him, including the night I met him - maybe I should've handled it differently but it all worked out. He was shocked, but he didn't run for the hills or anything! Yet... LOL.
This is the first time (out of a grand total of THREE times) that you were alone with him, without other people around. This is exactly the appropriate time to have told him, the first time you were on your own. You handled it perfectly, in my opinion.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
This is the first time (out of a grand total of THREE times) that you were alone with him, without other people around. This is exactly the appropriate time to have told him, the first time you were on your own. You handled it perfectly, in my opinion.
Thank you! I thought so as well

Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,271,403 times
Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with Dawn. You mentioned your 4 yr. old to him at the right time.

Being nervous is totally natural.... just makes the excitement more intense.

BTW... what did you have for dessert ??? I mean besides that....
I don't recall anything being mentioned....

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with Dawn. You mentioned your 4 yr. old to him at the right time.

Being nervous is totally natural.... just makes the excitement more intense.

BTW... what did you have for dessert ??? I mean besides that....
I don't recall anything being mentioned....
Haha funny you mention that. I bought a cheesecake from a local bakery by my house but we never ate it! I forgot about it - maybe on purpose so that I can eat the whole thing on my own!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Haha funny you mention that. I bought a cheesecake from a local bakery by my house but we never ate it! I forgot about it - maybe on purpose so that I can eat the whole thing on my own!

Good for you! It's way too soon to give away the cheesecake! You gotta hold back a little, honey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink