Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times

Advertisements

I have no idea what's for lunch today! I'm going to a mid-day seminar which includes lunch. I imagine they'll serve sandwiches and chips or something simple like that.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I've been thinking about this, as I often do. I have some things I want to use up so, what do you think?

Chicken, bacon and turkey
Peas, corn and onion
Jalapenos
Homemade mushroom soup (perfect for leftover cooking)
Penne pasta
Spices up the wazoo
The following fresh cheeses: Vintage Reserve (English Cheddar), mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, asiago, Fontina, Monterey Jack, and regular cheddar.

(I also have cream cheese and Marscarpone, but I'm making a cheese cake with those!)

Add some milk and top it off with salt and pepper potato chips and, iif all that doesn't sound like a hotdish (casserole, to non-Minnesotans!) to me, nothing does!

Can anyone come up with a name for this one?
Haha - How about Cubpboard Casserole? Sounds as though everything from your cupboards is going in there! (Yum!)

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM

126,285 posts, read 19,062,233 times
potato and cottage cheese with fresh green onions in it and cold ginger tea with Raspberry juice

Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Quote:
I've been thinking about this, as I often do. I have some things I want to use up so, what do you think?

Chicken, bacon and turkey
Peas, corn and onion
Jalapenos
Homemade mushroom soup (perfect for leftover cooking)
Penne pasta
Spices up the wazoo
The following fresh cheeses: Vintage Reserve (English Cheddar), mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, asiago, Fontina, Monterey Jack, and regular cheddar.

(I also have cream cheese and Marscarpone, but I'm making a cheese cake with those!)

Add some milk and top it off with salt and pepper potato chips and, iif all that doesn't sound like a hotdish (casserole, to non-Minnesotans!) to me, nothing does!

Can anyone come up with a name for this one?
You came up with the name yourself. Wazoo casserole.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,652,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Haha - How about Cubpboard Casserole? Sounds as though everything from your cupboards is going in there! (Yum!)

That's not bad, actually! Now I just need a name that I can use for my neighbors (fellow Minnesotans) that includes the word "Hotdish."

(My apartment complex has several senior citizens who are single because they lost their spouses. I often cook for them so I know they're eating more than canned soup from a microwave. It also gets everyone together so no one gets lonely. It's selfish, really, I love to cook and I need people to cook for!)

Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Cottage cheese on rye toast and a cup of coffee

Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,766,863 times
Quote:
That's not bad, actually! Now I just need a name that I can use for my neighbors (fellow Minnesotans) that includes the word "Hotdish."

(My apartment complex has several senior citizens who are single because they lost their spouses. I often cook for them so I know they're eating more than canned soup from a microwave. It also gets everyone together so no one gets lonely. It's selfish, really, I love to cook and I need people to cook for!)
Hotdish Wazoo It is so nice of you to look out for your elderly neighbors I work in a Skilled Nursing facility and it saddens me that so few family members visit. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
Salad and coke

Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
I am so predictable. Imported ham an swiss on rye, claussen garlic pickle Welch's grape juice with Alive liquid Vitamins & Bragg Organic apple cider vinegar.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Hot dog, Cheetos, green tea, and chocolate ice cream for dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink