Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
So happy--Little Caesar's closed in my area years ago, and I missed them so much. But there's a sign down the street from where I work "Coming Soon: Little Caesar's"!!!!!!!
I wonder if we just have a bad apple. The Little Caesar's near me is HORRIBLE! But a few people in here have said they like them. I'll have to try them elsewhere.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,358 times
Pizza Hut - I'll take a large thin crust Pepperoni Lovers. I can feel my arteries clog-up and harden just thinking about it!

Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,563,604 times
Favorite NATIONAL pizza chain? None of them! I'm from St. Louis, which is dominated by locally-owned St. Louis Style pizza places. St. Louis Style pizza is characteristically thin crust with provel cheese, and it's often cut into square slices. The national chains don't offer anything like that.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:38 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,165,276 times
Mellow Mushroom and Papa Johns.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,844 times
I'm not sure how widespread they are or if they'd even be considered a chain, but I do know there are multiple ones around. It's a place called Snappy Tomato Pizza. I much prefer the mom and pop places around here, but for a chain place, this place has great pizza.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
So many people are saying Papa Johns. Maybe the PJ in my area should have its franchise pulled. The first PJ pizza was great, but four times after that we had among the worst pizzas that we ever ate. I called them up and the fellow on the line gave me a hard time. I told him that I was just trying to help his business. I actually could grab a slice by the crust and wave it back and forth and nothing moved. It was dry and had little cheese.

Then the PJ guy on the phone offered me another pie for free and when I refused he started to take me seriously. He asked for the pie back. I told him just to watch the guy making them. You can tell he's cutting back on ingredients - and probably customers, as well, as we have a lot of pizza places in the area.

Papa Johns is just terrible.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
So many people are saying Papa Johns. Maybe the PJ in my area should have its franchise pulled. The first PJ pizza was great, but four times after that we had among the worst pizzas that we ever ate. I called them up and the fellow on the line gave me a hard time. I told him that I was just trying to help his business. I actually could grab a slice by the crust and wave it back and forth and nothing moved. It was dry and had little cheese.

Then the PJ guy on the phone offered me another pie for free and when I refused he started to take me seriously. He asked for the pie back. I told him just to watch the guy making them. You can tell he's cutting back on ingredients - and probably customers, as well, as we have a lot of pizza places in the area.

Papa Johns is just terrible.
I agree with you: we had one, not too far away from where we lived in NM. When they opened, about 2003 they were great, decent prices, lots of choices and good crust. They steadily went down hill. We have a few here as well. I have only tried them a couple of times, but have been very disappointed: the same with Pizza Hut, used to be good, but I think the worst we have had in recent years was Pizza Inn when we were traveling through Mississippi a few years ago.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:15 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,303 times
I loved Square Pan Pizza back in the day.

Pizza Hut is pretty good too.

My all-time #1, however, is Round Table.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,165,276 times
The are where I live now has great local and mom and pop pizza places. They are on every corner here, sometimes several on one street.

In the way of chains we just have Papa John's, Little Caesars, Pizza Hut (horrible here), and Dominos. I miss Mellow Mushroom, Snappy Tomato, and Hungry Howies.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
My favorite chain Numero Uno is no longer, I see rumors of it online but when I show up they are no longer. They had the best crust, tasted nutty. The only pizza I liked to eat with a fork.

Best left would be Round Table for me with Straw Hat in close second.

Shakey's/Me And Ed's pizza used to be great back in the 70's. I think they are franchised now. Just not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink