Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,021,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

PMS. The media is confirming that PMS really does exist.
How does that explain why some particular foods rather than others are associated with women eating so-called comfort food in the first place?

What makes chocolate, cheesecake, ice cream etc. the cliche'd comfort food (unless there is a real good psychological reason to explain those stereotypical foods and not others) is partly what I'm wondering.

Men and women all over the world aren't that different, and its not like in every culture the comfort foods are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't get the whole women have more of a sweet-tooth. Who doesn't have a sweet-tooth? Have any studies been done. I think I'm not AS sweet-toothed as I was as a kid, which is probably better for my teeth, but I need my regular sweet fix. I LOVE good chocolate as much as any woman I'm sure.
Yeah, I think the sweet-tooth vs. being maybe not so fond of sweets is probably more an age one (kids vs. adult) than a gender one.

I actually started some thread/poll about this before on this forum once about whether kids vs. adults tastes in sweets differ/change.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...eet-tooth.html

The thing about drinks is probably similar to the idea that "stronger" tastes are culturally associated with masculinity, just like bitter, or even hot and spicy foods etc. just like stronger tastes are associated with things adults could like or handle but a kid wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
While men did most of the hunting we're all omnivores with the same diet. In every species the male and female has the same diet. Unless you're talking about spiders where the female's diet is the male .
Exactly. There must be some psychological explanation for why some foods are gender-associated, rather than a nutritional one, since I know of no food that a woman's body can't take/or requires but a man's can or needs, or vice versa (except for maybe foods that pregnant women should avoid such as alcohol, or raw/rare meats, because of harm from germs to the developing baby whose body is indeed more sensitive than an adult man or woman's).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,687,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Real men don't eat veggies, and real women don't eat meat.
Hahaha.... that is a good one!

My family are a bunch of carnivores with only an occasional veggie as sides...
Can live without veggies but cannot live without meat.
How to tell??? By our more developed "canine" teeth.
And this family loves to grill... even the youngest member (her own Weber Junior grill).

P.S. and this family also loves weird meat; alligators, frogs, deer, rabbit, squirrels, sharks, snapping turtles... anything edible basically, we aren't too picky & we don't waste food either )

Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,010,046 times
I loves me spinich and me rare steak; and I love QUICHE...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink