Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:49 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Interesting how I share the same opinions as others.

I tried 5 guys last year and was disappointed for some reason. And I also much prefer IN N Out, both the burger as well as the fries.

That said, I did try 5 guys again a few weeks ago and this time enjoyed the burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 11:20 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,947 times
We have one here, its alright, its just more like a hamburger you get at a real restaurant than most fast food places.
Their french fries are french fries although they do kind of seem to give you a lot. I'll probably eat there again at some point in the future but it didn't live up to the hype for me.
I went in a couple of days ago and the line was too long for me, I went to the store and bought some hamburger meat and buns instead. The peanuts and everything were novel the first couple of times but I didn't have much patience that day.

I haven't had N and out, I thought someone in Oklahoma told me there was one in Springdale Arkansas a few weeks ago but the people on this forum are saying there isn't one up there yet, maybe I heard him wrong.

Last edited by ArkansasTgirl; 06-27-2014 at 11:46 PM..

Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
We have one here, its alright, its just more like a hamburger you get at a real restaurant than most fast food places.
Their french fries are french fries although they do kind of seem to give you a lot. I'll probably eat there again at some point in the future but it didn't live up to the hype for me.
I went in a couple of days ago and the line was too long for me, I went to the store and bought some hamburger meat and buns instead. The peanuts and everything were novel the first couple of times but I didn't have much patience that day.

I haven't had N and out, I thought someone in Oklahoma told me there was one in Springdale Arkansas a few weeks ago but the people on this forum are saying there isn't one up there yet, maybe I heard him wrong.
There seems to be a lot of rumors as to where and when In-N-Out will smile on us; They are very different from a regular sit down type of burger. If people expect a gourmet burger for $2 they will be grossly disappointed. If you think totally fresh, quality product at less than McDonalds prices you will love them. We heard about a week or so ago, they were coming to NWA, but the company will not confirm it. I am sure the same is true abut OK. Anyway, we all know food is subjective, but in my book, 5 Guys isn't worth the price. Cooking a burger at home is the best, but there is just something about grabbing one while shopping or just out for the day.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:22 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
I have and i wasnt really impressed.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:08 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times
I used to like them when it was a single store in VA and then a few more locally in VA. Since then, the quality has changed. oh well. I don't think many outside of the Arlington, VA will understand just how great it USED TO BE.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
To me, the trick is to order 1/2 portion of the black toppings and only eat the fries in the cup. Give the others away.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:13 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
They seriously need to put the burger on a grill, even a neighborhood diner makes great burger as long as they use a grill. I've eaten at 5-guys probably about 1/2 dozen times and I only say their fries is pretty good but other than that the burger ain't that great.

The hot dog is pitful but what do you expect. I think over time 5-guys will start to lose out against other new premium burger joints. Their burgers really do not have any flavor, no crust, no juicy bite.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:07 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
It comes as no surprise that a country that thinks McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's make good burgers (explain their success otherwise) thinks the overcooked hockey pucks from Five Guys are something special.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
I wasn't excited about the burger but the fries were delicious and addictive. I didn't think the burgers were bad or inedible or anything like that, they just didn't measure up to the hype.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:43 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Here's the thing, 5 Guys makes a decent burger, but many other places serve good burgers WITH AMBIANCE. Five Guys does not offer drive thru, but their restaurants have a fast food ambiance. This is a disconnect for me.

Here in Savannah area, we have several sit down bar restaurants with great burgers, so unless I want to go through a drive thru, I will go to one of them before 5 Guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink