Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,154,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
1) You have to go to the bathroom really badly but it's way in the back.. and the carts are FAR from the bathroom. So you bring a cart with you, take it to the bathroom, do your business, then come out and the cart is gone. If someone has an empty cart outside of the bathroom, maybe they need it when they're done, yeah?

Costco is notorious for making restroom use excruciatingly inconvenient (approach entrance, show card, walk all the way to the back to use the restroom, walk all the way back to the exit, wait in line to exit when others are showing their receipts, pick up cart, then enter and show card again.)

2) Too many missing price tags.. or wrong prices (usually higher than originally indicated.)

3) No cashier in sight and having to wait excessively for one to arrive at the register to check out your items.
You will never see me in a Costco. I learned that they are among the worst offenders with abuse of eminent domain. They & other giants found out if someone did not want to sell them their property, they could get the local city or county government to seize it in the name of "economic development" and sell it to them. Then the county or city gets higher revenues from having a commercial venture on the property.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM

23,235 posts, read 29,075,721 times
About every year or so, my old standby grocery store, decides to move everything around, remodel it.

Just happened in the last month! I had it all down to a sciene, could almost have shopped blindfolded, as I knew what aisle had this and that. Now, I have to start all over from scratch!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM

16,395 posts, read 30,307,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
And when you do, is it really THAT hard to actually put it IN the cart corral instead of just shoving it in the general direction of the corral from 10 feet away so that the carts all end up jumbled?

I actually take time these days to straighten things out so that more carts can get in the corral after I leave, when I see those messes. Most things don't bother me, but that's bugging me more and more these days - what, ten or sometimes five extra feet is too much to avoid making a huge mess for everyone else to deal with?

Better yet, install a system like Aldi where you pay a quarter for a cart when you take one and get it back when you return it to the cart corral at the front of the store. That way, ALL the carts are secured as if someone does NOT return the cart, the next shopper will certainly do so to keep the quarter.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,552,882 times
For those that don't like the way their groceries are bagged. Make out one of those comment cards a the courtesy desk, that most stores provide. Direct it to the store manager and tell them their baggers need "more" training. I feel fortunate to have a local grocery that pays attention to the needs of the customers. It is clean, has options of sizes of shopping carts, Not all those huge type that you find at Sam's Club. Employees are very helpful too. The size cart I usually use hold about as much as 2 of the hand baskets.

Also if your store doesn't provide a store directory ask them to do so. This is especially helpful if they have just rearranged the store. How difficult could it be to print up a sheet of what isle you can find things in? My store has these at the entry way along side those pop up wipes you can use to clean the handle of the buggy with. If you want something to happen you have ASK.

Last edited by Newdaawn; 11-15-2012 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,227,845 times
I didn't take the time to read the entire thread so i apologize for any duplicates.

I hate the fact that people hired as baggers these days DO NOT know how to bag. Eggs constantly in danger, chemical products bagged with produce, meat not separated. I bring my own bags, some of which are insulated, and I pre-bag for the checker and every time they F it up.

I also dislike being "forced" to use the self checkout because it always takes for ever and I always get errors which require an employee to clear. I don't get it. They give me attitude when I decline. Also, the new Kroger Marketplace near my house is the worst. Their express check out area is slower than molasses and employees give attitude. I had one check who couldn't figure out how to scan the bar code on the sticker of a quartered watermelon. She took it upon herself to unwrap the shrink wrap and put her dirty hands all over my cut watermelon trying to get the thing to scan. It was horrible!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,803,843 times
When the self-serve is closed/overoccupied and I'm stuck with a cashier. I like ringing my own stuff up, because it gives me time to LOOK at the prices being rung up to make sure that each item costs as advertised.

Self-serve employees who just show up at my register's conveyor belt and start bagging. I tell them to stop, I stop my own checking, I walk down to that end, and take everything out, and do it the way *I* want it done. If I wanted someone else to help me with my checkout, I'd go to a register with a cashier and bagger. I shouldn't have to tell someone else that I want my tomatoes on TOP of the bananas, not underneath them, because bananas are heavier and tend to squish the tomatoes. I also don't like having to tell the bagger that I want the meat, the dairy, the cheese, the yogurt, the ice cream and all OTHER refrigerator foods, in the SAME DAMNED BAG. If I wanted my meat seperate I'd grab a bag and separate it. All cold things need to be together, because .... science tip kids .... it keeps them cold.

Mostly I hate overzealous baggers who try to argue with you about how they should do the bagging, and you should just relax. Really, you're not helping me relax when you insist on bagging. You stress me out. Please go away.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Stork parking spots, families with children parking, family parking, etc.
Stork parking spots make me laugh. For most women, walking during pregnancy is beneficial. I'm 77 y.o. and when I circle the parking lot for the third time and the stork spot is the only one left, I'm tempted to park there and just let them tell me I'm not pregnant. Just let them tell me!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,157,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Stork parking spots make me laugh. For most women, walking during pregnancy is beneficial. I'm 77 y.o. and when I circle the parking lot for the third time and the stork spot is the only one left, I'm tempted to park there and just let them tell me I'm not pregnant. Just let them tell me!
I never use (or used) those spots even when I have my little nephew with me.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I only used that spot once. While I was in labor. It was really hard for me to walk and I didn't have time to circle the lot looking for another spot. I had to get a couple of things before I got to the hospital though (DD came early or I would have done it sooner). Other than that, I always parked in regular spots.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,176,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post

I caught the kid and told him about the cart incident as well as the other carts that could do the same thing.

He looked at me and said " what do you expect me to do about it? "

I told him that since he was an employee of the store that it was his responsibility to make sure situations like this don't happen.
So what DID you expect him to do?
For all you know the carts he was already collecting were strays too. How is he supposed to be everywhere at once? Or is he supposed to be the parking lot police and make sure that nobody has the audacity to leave a stray cart somewhere?
I think you were out of line to put the blame for the incident on the kid when the fault lies with people who are too lazy to use a cart corral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink