Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,795,107 times

Advertisements

I cleaned out the refrigerator tonight. Leftover corned beef and cabbage got shredded, then fried into quesadillas with a little garlic butter.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
I ended up having miso soup with two pieces of toast spread with hummus. it was good. Still feeling hungry, however.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Default Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
I had another dinner which reminded me of our "poor"days back when I was a kid! I ad to fix cornbread for dressing I have to take to school on Friday for the teachers luncheon. I used a new cornmeal since I couldn't find my favorite "Martha White" here. So, I cut myself a huge slice and ate it in a bowl of milk, remembering my daddy fondly (it was his favorite)!
I remember crumbled corn bread with buttermilk....for supper...the year I spent in Alabama. Yes when youre hungry and "poor" the simplest things are delicious.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
My daddy use to eat corn bread and buttermilk a lot. He always had to have some buttermilk on hand! He'd sprinkle a bit of pepper on the top and drink it down. Now I do the same! Funny how we learn from our parents.

MBW...you got me! Tonight is SOS. I like mine on simple toast and DH prefers his on biscuits. After reading your thread the other day I couldn't get it out of my mind so today is the day. We'll have a nice green salad with it.

All of you not feeling well please take care and get well soon!

Anyone taking to the road for the Holidays--take care, take your time and enjoy the ride. But most of all be safe! Enjoy your relatives/friends and return home full and happy!!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Good morning all-and ditto to all Cyn said.

Took Italian sausage out-so probably sausage/peppers/onions-crusty sub roll for Mr. L - salad w/mine.

We get the best dried beef out here from the "meat-lockers".

Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
MBW...you got me! Tonight is SOS. I like mine on simple toast and DH prefers his on biscuits. After reading your thread the other day I couldn't get it out of my mind so today is the day. We'll have a nice green salad with it.
Funny you should mention that.... we just polished off the leftovers this morning! SOS over more crusty sourdough bread and topped off with an over-easy egg seemed like a good way to start a cold, grey November morning; we are well fortified to sally forth into the tumult and chaos of another long day.

Enjoy your SOS, Cyn, I'll think of you at suppertime!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I was soooo hungry I ate the skin on my chicken tonight-but with salad. Must be winter cold. Also spent the night with Doug's family,kids and friends and lots of love and remembrances of his life.
Saturday at the golf course-a "celebration of his life" from 1-4.

Night all.

Good on ya!

Like my Dad used to say: "A gift is to be a friend"

Old 11-20-2008, 07:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Your dad sounds like a wise man!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Thanks for the well wishes - it was just a little bug of some kind - maybe it was serving Thanksgiving lunch to all those school-children, perhaps I'm allergic to them!!! Anyway I went to bed for a couple of hours, took some Pepto and felt better by dinner time, thank goodness.

For dinner I served slow-cooked beef in bbq sauce over rice w/veggies, and at the last minute made onion rings to go on top for a bit of crunch. They went down well!

Later that evening I remembered the three pounds of salmon I'd bought on sale a couple of days ago, that needed cooking, so I made a HUGE Thai salmon curry with coconut milk and all those fab Thai aromatic herbs and spices. It will probably go in the freezer and come out when we have company over the holidays

Happy Thursday to one and all!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I was soooo hungry I ate the skin on my chicken tonight-but with salad. Must be winter cold. Also spent the night with Doug's family,kids and friends and lots of love and remembrances of his life.

Saturday at the golf course-a "celebration of his life" from 1-4.

Night all.
I think you deserve a little treat now and again, you've been soooo good - and your metabolism will surely benefit from a bit of a warming-up!

Best wishes to Doug's family... I think the celebration of life get-together is a wonderful idea. We did that for my Dad with all his cycling buddies and it was a lovely day, lots of sharing of stories and a great memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink