Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 03:22 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,801,503 times

Advertisements

We're having spaghetti tonight, and I made enough sauce for lasagna this weekend.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:25 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,704,613 times
I was so bad I shouldn't post it. But they say confession is good for the soul so here goes. My mother took me to a southern style AYCE buffet. Well I had the twofer. That's a late lunch that doubles for dinner. I had fried chicken, collards, pole beans, mashed potatoes (not prefabs either), chicken & dumplings. Then came the dessert. A nice slice of white cake with coconut icing with a topping of soft serve. All that is lacking now is a brownie later in the evening. It may go lacking. Depends. The whole time we were eating I was thinking this is what NMS if famous for.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:30 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,216,909 times
Hi all, made to Ohio safe and sound. Really cold here, but no snow Tonight for dinner, my mom made baked chicken, mashed potatos, corn and we have cherry pie for dessert. Hope everyone is having a great week. Talk to you soon.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,061,477 times
Tonight I found some highly prized farm raised saltwater Barramundi. Drizzled it with olive oil and put some rosemary, thyme, salt and peppers on it and will bake it at 375 for 12 minutes.

We are also eating sesame seed encrusted Ahi Tuna....seared and red in the middle. DELICIOUS. The side will be a greek salad.

Bon appetite !

Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times
All my shopping is now finally done! I am glad as the stores are starting to get crowded...well crowded for here. Sill only a couple of people in any given line but that's crowded here! Ha! Got 3 more pounds of asparagus to freeze tomorrow and a pumpkin pie to take with the eggs and creamed onions. Looks like DH's son is going to have to use our turkey fryer because they seem to be missing some parts on theirs?? So that means we'll have to leave earlier then previously thought so guess I may as well do all the cooking tomorrow. DH is in the kitchen as I type making up some beautiful shrimp in one of his famous sauces. Smells wonderful. I put two huge baked potatoes in the oven which we will double stuff to go with the shrimp. I am so tired..guess getting up at 5 am has made for a very long day. I'm thinking it will be an early bed tonight. Enjoy your evening everyone!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,305,247 times
Someone said PB & J! That sounds like a winner to me right now!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,254,705 times
MTH: glad you made it safely to Ohio, have a wonderful Holiday with your family.
Gem: thank you for that site, I am cutting up the green beans now.

NMS & elston: My mom was Polish & my dad Italian, I can cook the best of both worlds. Mom used tomake the Kushsticki (that is the way my grandmother spelled it) every Christmas, (Polish twist cookies). I never liked them, very time consuming to make. I remember she would roll the dough out and cut a slit in each of the bow ties and actually fold one side through the other, then let them rest on a large sheet on the dining room table with a damp cloth on top of them. When they dried enough she dropped them in hot vegetable oil for about 2 minutes, after taking them out she coated them with powdered sugar. Our son who is a chef and youngest daughter have their grandma's recipes and make them for Christmas. Another hit are the Italian rum balls.
When I make pierogies, I generally make my mother's sauerkraut (Kapusta) made with bacon fat, (this should go into the bacon fat thread) lol. If I can help you with any Polish or Italian recipes, ie. Polish potato soup in a light tomato based broth (again bacon & bacon fat) please let me know.

I will check back later, cranberries are resting comfortably in their corning ware dishes in the fridge, the dog's babies are in the dryer, Mom's crystal is having a bathy now in the dish drawer and the French beans are calling my name.

Hubby is working, I think it's Bobby Flay's grill and a Hebrew National HD for me if these beans ever get cut tonight.

Lacey, I had to resort to the fresh red pearl onions again, however, I put them in boiling water for 2 mins., covered then threw them ice-water for 2 mins. to stop cooking, popped out of their skin after I cut the root off, it still took me an hour, they are a royal pain.

See you all later.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:33 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,032,662 times
We had salmon, couscous and clementine wedges.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,195,770 times
I'm having ramen noodles, DS is having Pizza Rolls. What a mom, huh?

Tonight I'll start cleaning the house to get ready for Thursday. Got all my food shopping done, so when I get home from work tomorrow I can get started with the cooking. Maybe I'll remember to pick up some clementines on the way home...

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,950,508 times
BF is making a sausage jamablaya right now...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.