Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 04:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Dinner was chicken (falling off the bone yummy) KindaCacciatore alongside rigatoni..

If the cook does say so hisself it was pretty good

Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
DH is stopping at the Chinese take-out place on his way home from work tonight. I called in the order: roast pork with Chinese vegetables and fried rice combo plate for me and beef egg foo young combo for him. There is always enough leftovers for lunch the next day, so that's an added bonus.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Just checking in we have lost power off and on today there are over 5,000 in the area still without power. No snow still just from the ice.

Been baking cookies making up the doughs when power is on then baking in our gas oven. Don't have time to chit chat right now but did send up prayers over in the other thread for you kelsie.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
DH is stopping at the Chinese take-out place on his way home from work tonight. I called in the order: roast pork with Chinese vegetables and fried rice combo plate for me and beef egg foo young combo for him. There is always enough leftovers for lunch the next day, so that's an added bonus.
Chinese sounds so good now! We are going out to dinner with friends. We were supposed to go a few days ago but it got canceled, so we are doing it tonight. They picked a restaurant that I do not like. Food is mediocre and the menu is really boring. I looked over the menu on-line and nothing looks exciting. I'll probably have some appetizer and a salad. These are really good friends but their tastes in foods are really boring, especially the wife is so picky, she only likes Italian or Mexican, but very Americanized versions only. Oh. yeah, they like steaks, too, but only eat well done. Oh, well, I know the conversation will be good and we'll have a good time regardless. It's just that we haven't gone out to dinner in so long, I'd like to go eat sushi or Indian or something like that, but she does not like any Asian foods. What's up with that?

Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
It's been a pretty quiet day on this thread today; wouldn't you know, the weekday when I'm actually around the house and able to chat, most everybody is busy! No worries, though, I got most of the gifts wrapped after we finished the driveway, so it was a productive one. And I won't be following my late and much-beloved mother's example of staying up all night Christmas eve wrapping gifts... She was a good and great lady, and I loved her dearly, but there are certain traits and characteristics that she had that I choose very consciously NOT to emulate.

Amber, I wanted to thank you for letting us know about Kelsie's fearful news; what a dreadful thing to contemplate at any time, and most especially at this time of year. You are a good friend, and a fountain of strength and support; thank you for all that you contribute here.

Oh, and to get back on topic, supper tonight is some smoked brisket that the spouse dug out of the deep-freeze this afternoon, to give us a reminder of what summer is. He's pan-frying up some sweet potatoes in olive oil and rosemary to go alongside. I can smell it from here, and if there's drool between the words of this post, well, you've only him to blame.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well what I thought was ground sausage is in fact ground turkey. I never buy ground turkey but I will use it. At least my wife will use it. It is a waste not want not thing. If we use enough garlic and onions with it I will make to. Next time a closer look at the label or a least will have me glasses on when shopping...
You can make good meatballs with ground turkey. I often use some soy sauce to flavor them, then they even look like beef.

More or less.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Chey-I can stretch Chinese 3 days-make a frittata.

MWBW- that sounds so good-nothing better than brisket.

Stew was awesome-Mr. L had loads of dumplings and leftovers for tomorrow.

My beautiful step grands called tonite and told us how much they love us-is that not great??!!! They are wonderful.

Cold and blizzard tomorrow-nite all.

Amber you are too special (just like Mom).

Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM

330 posts, read 970,477 times
Biscuits and sausage gravy. Might throw on some eggs with it.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I wound up having a left over soft steak taco with lots of red onion on it. I see a couple of quart jars of spiced peaches chilling in the fridge. I know at least a piece of one of them will not see the light of day again.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Hello out there!

I'm not having dinner. We had our department's holiday luncheon today at this very beautiful restaurant with views of the bay and all the boats, big & small, and a DJ, and chocolate cake, and mousse, and seafood and I am STILL stuffed!

It's not like me to skip ANY regular or irregular meals so I must have PIGGED out!

Hope everyone is caught up with all the holiday shopping/cooking/baking. I feel terrible for those of you with bad weather and especially for those with health issues and concerns. My heart goes out to you all.

I will eat ALL my meals tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink