Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM

484 posts, read 1,584,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
I was thinking about making brinner tonight. Pancakes, sausage, and eggs.
Ooh that sounds good to me! My kids love breakfast for dinner, haha. Maybe we'll do that tonight. Great suggestion. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Good luck today Lacey.

Happy happy birthday kats.

Cyn, I check the corned beef brisket price in Sam's Club $2.88 lb. The Fresh Market (Frielich) ? $4.88 lb

Noma, how is your mom doing?

Elston, years ago doing something stupid, I almost set myself on fire with the char. grill. So it is strictly gas for me. I took last nights NY Strip out of the fridge an hour before putting it on the grill & marinated it on the counter in Worcester sauce and Liquid smoke. Turning (with tongs) several times so the liquid smoke permeated the steak. Lightly oiled grill, and put on med-high to sear both sides, then turned the temp down. Delicious and had the charcoal taste. H has an empty coffee in the back of the grill to catch the drippings. I use Cedar planks for grilling fish, etc.

Another beautiful day here in E. NC, 75 right now. For dinner tonight, I think I am going to make some fresh Marinara sauce with sausage & peppers. I have a beautiful Pork Tenderloin which I bought Sat. that is staring at me too. Too many decisions. I will decide after a couple of hours of ironing.

Have a great afternoon everyone? kelsie

Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I follow Alton Brown's (Good Eats) rule that if it's not charcoal, it's not grilling.

He says gas grills are just upside down broilers.

That said, I've had plenty of yummy food other people made on gas grills, but I'll stick to my good old Weber kettle grill.
Me too. And the extra steak makes the best tacos which just might be my dinner.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Kelsie-thanks and try this for NY strips (or any cut). Soy sauce, garlic powder, powdered ginger, pepper, brown sugar or honey, white wine. From a place in Pocono's that was known for killer steaks.

Well gang here we're to get a blizzard tomorrow and my cupboard is bare!!!! Thank God for eggs-LOL!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, all.

Publix had Purdue oven stuffer roasters on sale for 99 cents/lb and hubster just put one on the rotisserie on our grill. MMMMMMMMMM. Elston, we use gas grill, only because we're too impatient to wait for the charcoal to get up to speed. Charcoal gives a much better flavor, as long as the chef doesn't overdo it with the lighter fluid.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Tonight the youngest got to pick so I am making homemade mac and cheese and fish fillets.

On the subject of charcoal grills when hubby cooks with charcoal it always upsets my stomach but I am okay when it is on the gas grill. He uses mesquite in his smoker and mesquite chips in the electric smoker.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Hi all. Haven't been on here for a few days so hope everyone is feeling better and the weather is getting better too. Well except for what I just read from Lacey.........blizzard Lacey, stay warm. Spring is on the way for you

Had a busy weekend. Hosted happy hour Friday night Had a dinner party Saturday night and was beat on Sunday so had the leftovers.
Not a clue what's for dinner tonight.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Finally made it here. Hi everybody hope you had a good weekend.
Elston we use gas because it is easier...charcoal takes forever and it is a lot of work for one steak or two hot dogs and it gets costly BUT I am also afraid of fire.

Tonight I am back to boring and back on the diet train so it is salad with a little chicken..
It is snowing to beat the band here. That's OK I have the weekend memories. It was gorgeous here.

Have a good evening.
Lacey tell Mr. L good luck tomorrow.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Lots of cooking this weekend. Friday picked up a rotissier chick and had a nice salad. Easy.

Saturday night made a crawfish pie that my BFF thought was wonderful and she was right.

Sunday my BFF and I made a banana nut cake. I made a big pot of red sauce and meatballs. She made meatballs and little meat loaves. Oh yeah and Sunday lunch was some hot spicy crabs.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Thanks Lacey, that sounds great. How is Mr. L? When are the two of you leaving?

Well the Italian sausage, peppers etc. in slow simmering San Marzano sauce is just about ready to eat. I am just 'awaitin' on dh to bring home the crusty Italian bread and ice cold Yuengling, spring salad and cukes with red onions and a lite dressing of Garlic Expressions salad dressing & marinade.

Have a great dinner everyone. Will check back later. kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink