Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times

Advertisements

I didn't even know I was posting the 27000 post! WOW, that is awesome.

So, we all went to dinner at Bertucci's. I had the Baked Tortellini and Chicken in an Alfredo Sauce. I have had it before, but this time I wasn't that crazy about their chicken strips. You know they are the precooked ones. I left most of the chicken. Everyone else enjoyed their food.

Gotta get to bed, I so tired! Night all!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Hi there! Finally got the computer back and just finished catching up from the 17th! Lots of good reads!

I absolutely love Haluski! But we make it with ham chunks. I am going to try it with the bacon as that most likely creates an altogether different taste and I love bacon!

Had pizza and breadsticks tonight. Then my mom made a pineapple angel food cake. She is on Weight Watchers and said this cake was very tasty and very lo-cal.

She just used a box of Angel Food Cake Mix, mixed that up and added a can of pineapple bits! Yum!! She cooked it in a 9x13 pan instead of a bundt pan. It was very tasty with no guilt!

Have a great night!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
kimba, I like the Pineapple Angel food cake idea. Will have to try that very soon.

Saturday for our dinner we had Country Fried Steak with gravy, stuffing, sweet yellow corn with 'butter', Sweet Tea, croissants with cheese spread and honey. Very filling and way too many calories. Good tho'!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Veal parm, broccoli, apple sauce. Don't ask me about the applesauce. It was a craving.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:29 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times
Not quite sure yet. All I know is that I've got these pork tenderloins in the fridge and I've no idea what to do with them as I've never made them before. They looked nice. Lean. And I like pork.

I've Googled a few recipes. It seems fruity is the way to go. Pan-fried with some sort of fruity thing happening in the sauce category - apple, cranberry, pear, orange or plum. Hmmm. Such a choice. Perhaps too much choice as I've got them all in the fridge too. Which one to pick? Sigh! I'll figure it out later. I have to wash my hair now.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:00 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default The Agenda - March 22 - 28

This week, my dinner selections will range from lasagna to Salisbury steak to fried chicken. I haven't made corn on the cob in a while, so later on, I'm going to try to get some boiling up, along with some black-eyed peas. With temporary changes in my work schedule, it would not surprise me to do breakfast for supper one night this week (pancakes are a possibility, as I have some mix I still need to use). I will also plan to take advantage of Market Street, but I'll reveal that situation as the week progresses.

Have yourself a great week with whatever you're having, and bon appetit!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all-well last night turned out to be pizzas-plain, spinach n broc, grilled chicken-yum - delivered of course.

This is the day of the flounder n clam sauce here-there will be at least 10 at the table. Here you never know!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good Sunday Morning.

It is going to be a beautiful day today. I have to clean the house and then who knows? Hubby was very content and "full" with his roast beef last night. Tonight I will do turkey and gravy for both of us.

I know it's the same old stuff at my house but we are losing weight so it is well worth it.

Have a great day.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Mmmmm....everything sounds so good.

Don't know what's to be on our plates tonight. DH is at B&N, so we'll play it by ear. Everything I got at Publix yesterday is quick, so we'll have a choice.

I'll have to try that pineapple angel food cake. Sounds good and easy. Thanks, kimba.

YLisa, how do you manage to eat turkey and GRAVY and still lose weight? I just LOVE gravy.

Hawaiilover, I just love tortellini alfredo. Sorry they messed it up with the chicken.

Lacey, still enjoying yourself, I see. I hope your seafood feast turns out well. Duh. You're cooking, of course it'll turn out absolutely delicious!

Have a great day, all.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
Good Sunday Morning Friends!

Lacey---I know where you are, I'm on my way.

Lisa, good for you and dh Your meals all are delicious.

Hubby was on the mid-shift yesterday so I changed the dinner plans. He came home for dinner at 3:00 pm and I had a homemade turkey pot pie in the freezer and I made this for him. I had the last of the chicken parm., spaghetti, salad & green olives & crusty bread.

Thank you friends for the pork loin rubs, I didn't get back here until late last night, so this is the rub that I made up:

1 large garlic clove sliced paper thin
1/4 minced onion
fresh thyme
fresh rosemary
Kosher salt
Greek seasoning
sage
pepper
oo

2 1/2 lb. pork tenderloins

crushed with a mortar, rubbed all over the pork, let it set 30 mins. to room temp., put on a rack roasted in 425 degree oven for 30 mins., turned oven down to 350 and baked 25 mins. longer. Tender and juicy.

We will be having this with mashed potatoes, gravy and mixed vegetables.

It is lovely here today and I am going to try and get some work done, have a great day everyone.

Happy eating! kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink