Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 07:20 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
She sounds like a treasure. Is that branch of the family very long lived? To be independant and fiesty after 100.....that is exceptional!
The women on that side of the family usually are, although she is the oldest yet.

She has outlived her two sons and most of her friends, yet she remains as positive as ever. I think that is part of the reason why she has lived so long.

I've never heard her say a bad thing about another person; she has always been active, both physically and mentally.

Her diet has played a big role too I think. She has always been a "healthy" eater..and she never snacks. If only I could be so disciplined...!

Old 08-10-2008, 07:22 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,103 times
Thank you LaceyEx and Denise in Fla!

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM

653 posts, read 1,919,430 times
grilled mahi mahi, stream broccoli and rice.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:52 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
I brought home some extra lobsters from work last night. So today I made some lobster and broccoli fried rice. I squeezed a little lemon on top before serving.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,736 times
Tomato/bell pepper/red onion/feta salad, mustard encrusted pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes

Old 08-10-2008, 10:28 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Today we celebrated a friends birthday with a Thanksgiving-worthy feast....i am still so full

For appetizers, we had: chips and homemade guacamole (my contribution), buffalo chicken dip with celery and crackers, garlic hummus and carrots, and bruschetta. Oh, and 4 pounds of peel and eat shrimp steamed in Old Bay.

Dinner was bbq chicken drumsticks, mexican salad (lettuce, black beans, corn, onion,cheese, salsa/ranch dressing), beet salad, blue cheese cole slaw, corn on the cob, and whole grain french brea

Dessert was cupcakes!!i

Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Okay, here are our lunch recipes for Sunday and Saturday:

Sunday - Chicken with cream sauce

Diced onion and diced garlic - fry in some oil
5-6 chicken breasts in large cubes - fried in a different pan
Add the chicken cubes to the onion and garlic and pour dry white wine to the second pan where the chicken was fried in. Let it reduce to half the quantity.
Meanwhile add sliced mushrooms to the onion and garlic and fry till golden brown. Add a little bit of cherry.
Then pour the white wine sauce over the chicken.
Add 4-6 large table spoons of cream or sour cream and let it bubble for at leasts 20-25 minutes.

For spices I used tarragon, curry, basil, salt and black pepper and parsley.

We had rice along with it.

Saturday - Pork with bacon tomatoe sauce

2 small pork minute steaks each person
2 onion in cubes
2 mozzarella cheese
1 slice bacon per steak
bacon in cubes

At first the steaks have to be spiced very well with bell pepper powder, salt, pepper, curry and cayenne pepper as well as basil, marjoram and oregano.
Put oil in a pan and heat it well. Put the steaks into the pans, add onion and bacon cubes in between the steaks. Turn the steaks only once, then put one slice bacon onto the steaks and two slices of mozzarella on each.
Add some chicken or veggie broth (about 1 cup for two people) and mix some tomatoe paste into the sauce. Meanwhile the steaks are still in the pan and you have to do this mixing around the steaks.
For better taste you might add a quencher of whiskey or sherry or another liquor and some cream.

Side dish were vermicelli nests.

Happy Monday

Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 AM

424 posts, read 1,676,467 times
Default I had breakfast...

All of my meal plans got changed so I just made some breakfast foods instead...nothing fancy. No bread tonight, but I did have some browned smoke sausage (4 Star Brand, hot, a local product from Forest Park, Georgia, that I wanted to try out), some yellow grits (these are really hard to find now), and 2 fried eggs. The sausage was good, a bit coarse, and not exactly hot as billed. My original plans were for a New England boiled dinner and some homemade rye bread, but I'll have to do that sometime over the next few days instead.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Very early morning everyone. Hubby just left out of town for work of course waking me up. LOL Last night for dinner, we had kingfish baked in the oven. Never had it before and it was really tasty. Hubby cooked it and neglected to tell me how he did it so as soon as I find out I will let you know.

Tonight as it is again football, (my life is truly over til Nov) crockpot extravaganza continues. I am going to try a chicken and rice recipe. Will post if it turns out alright.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Yes, we are stuck in this "Sports" season right now! You and my daughter with the football and me with the car racing. I have to think the football is way more addicting though! At least the car racing is basically on the weekends only. At least there is the good ole' crockpot and it sounds like you are going to find some great and interesting ways to use it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.