Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, just noticed something. Someone must have decided we were giving out too many rep points in the What's For Dinner thread, because my repping power in this thread is now set at one. Looks like I still have full rep-ability in other threads in the Food/Drink forum, but we must just be too nice to each other here. Interesting.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:14 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Hmmm, just noticed something. Someone must have decided we were giving out too many rep points in the What's For Dinner thread, because my repping power in this thread is now set at one. Looks like I still have full rep-ability in other threads in the Food/Drink forum, but we must just be too nice to each other here. Interesting.
Thanks for noticing. Must be like games now then...

Old 01-25-2009, 12:20 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
In another thread we have been hashing out chocolate covered bacon. Looks good. Got to try it soon...It may become the appetizer for dinner of choice. Or would it be dessert?
Have you seen the you-tube video about the restaurant in TX that serves chicken-fried bacon with gravy? I'm planning on cooking some steaks in the near future, so I'll have a good chance to try the bacon too.

I never posted tonight's dinner....It was potatoes, eggs, bacon, green chilies, and onions on toast.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Odd I as well only have 1 rep power in this thread but full rep power in other foodie threads.

Foul I call foul! Suppose with the run on gold stars this week we drew attention to our fine thread from the powers that be?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 AM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Odd I as well only have 1 rep power in this thread but full rep power in other foodie threads.

Foul I call foul! Suppose with the run on gold stars this week we drew attention to our fine thread from the powers that be?
Thanks for the tip Jaxson. I gave you three reps.....even though I had to go to a different thread to do it.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,117,824 times
Tonight is Burns night and this year is homecoming Scotland, for anyone that loves the country, or has Scottish ancestry or is an Expat abroad to return for the celebrations Homecoming Scotland 2009| A Scottish Government initiative | EventScotland and VisitScotland (http://www.homecomingscotland.com/default.html - broken link)

I'm having haggis with neeps n tatties tonight

Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,024 times
I have a mean bbq sauce I make and was going to see how yummy wings can come out in the crack pot. Mashed potatoes and a couple of plain veggies (how the gang prefers them)to go with them.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning fellow foodies.

Well today the hunk of beef gets slow roasted with cream of onion soup, Lipton's onion soup mix, shot of Marsala, parsnips, carrots, pearl onions, mushrooms-hopefully tempting an offer by our lookers this afternoon.

Mr. L will have mashed potatoes with his.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Lacey I can't even imagine living where you do with the weather you have. Not even in my younger days I don't think I would like it. How did you end up there for the east coast if you don't mind me asking?

cyn reading about you having to take your parrot away to clean your oven makes me wonder what automatic oven cleaners do to our lungs? Hope DH feels better soon.

MooseKeteer reading how long you cook your scallops, as well as others here that have been talking lately about them, it shocks me so many on Top Chef make them often. Only because I think of them really slaving over a dish in the alloted time they are given. To find out how little time they actually take to cook shocks me I suppose. I enjoy cauliflower puree under meat and fish but don't care for the 'foam' that seems to be popular now by some.

burdell are you the one that was making a 3 lb meatloaf?

southdown feel better soon maybe DH can cook you some chicken soup.

MTH glad you had a great time today!

Huck I imagine if I had worried about the 1-2 lbs earlier I wouldn't have to worry about the extra that came with them. Good for you staying in shape!

elston you even make what I don't like sound yummy!

I have been watching Food Network a lot today boy that isn't a good thing to do when you aren't in the cooking mood. Makes me want to break open the TV to have those dishes right here right now.

Hey where is our resident youngster dxi been? Maybe hung up in the gaming area that is where my kids would be.
It makes me wonder too just what those fumes do to humans and other animals. It's like taking a canary down into the mines to see if they are safe but this is our homes and they have found out our pet birds are the ones affected by the fumes the most. That is not to say we are not affected---I am sure we are! That's why I'm waiting until it's warm enough outside to completely open up my house when I clean my oven. And even then my bird will be miles away and safe!
That is odd MWBW regarding the reps and this particular thread. I suppose it could be the number of reps earned here lately. Although that doesn't seem fair as those people surely have "earned" those reps!! For some of us who don't venture out to other threads much it sort of limits us to the amount of love we can share! Oh well, I will still share what I can when I can!
Not quite sure about dinner yet---hopefully talapia but that will depend on how DH is feeling. Will post dinner later.
Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Good luck lacey---crossing everything for you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.