Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times

Advertisements

Avocados should be heavy for their size, in addition to the other tips people gave. Now that I don't live in California, the land of the wonderful avocados, I find I have best luck with the large, expensive fruits. I am better off buying one beautiful avocado for $1.99 that those 2 for $1 deals or one small for 99 cents. The small ones tend to be much worse quality - more likely to cut open and it's black and have to throw it away.

Tonight for dinner we are doing something with chicken thighs.. Better go figure out what.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,268 times
Morning everyone. I am feeling old today. My "baby" turns four today. Sigh, how fast they grow up. Tonight for dinner, spaghetti with meat sauce. My baby has been eating that fairly well so that is what is on the menu as well as birthday cake.

Dinner last night was great, the boys had steak tips and hubby and I had baked wahoo (fish) with a spinich salad and a rice dish.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh PS.. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,838 times
Well, I am really in a bad mood, so either they can cook or they can take me out to dinner.

Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's

Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Morning everyone. I am feeling old today. My "baby" turns four today. Sigh, how fast they grow up. Tonight for dinner, spaghetti with meat sauce. My baby has been eating that fairly well so that is what is on the menu as well as birthday cake.

Dinner last night was great, the boys had steak tips and hubby and I had baked wahoo (fish) with a spinich salad and a rice dish.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh PS.. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!
Happy Birthday to the Big Four Year Old!!!!!! Enjoy the birthday dinner.... nothin' like Italian on Chinese New Year and CAKE.....

I am still trying to decide.....forgot about Religion tonight. So it has to be fast and easy....Kid friendly... I don't want to do take out again... We really have been doing that all too much. I swear we did it most of last week and some of the week prior. I think it is the cold. I have brain freeze and can't think.

I have chicken (what to do with it I don't know)... scalloped potatoes.... BROC (imagine that)....and Salad.... maybe another veg of sorts.... hmmmmm..... looks good once written but not feeling too excited about it... Might change by dinner..... who knows.....

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
MTH - Happy Birthday to your baby! Have a lovely day

I'm taking some night-time cold meds and heading back to bed in a bit, dinner might have to just cook itself tonight!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Feel better SouthD.

MTH-Happy Birthday to the little one!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,192,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
... Oh would I love a BLT-haven't have bacon since June!!!! Is that un-American or what! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Oh Lacey I Feel Your Pain with the bacon. I can't have it either with the migraines and I miss it ...
Don't forget Bacos. The make a pretty good BLT in a pinch. Use the larger "chips" not the "bits."

Spread a piece of good whole grain bread with mayonaise, Miracle Whip, etc, and sprinkle on the Bacos. This helps hold them in place. Then add tomato slices and nice green lettuce and the other piece of bread. Enjoy!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM

858 posts, read 3,045,103 times
Quote:
Hey John-you were missed.
Thanks LacetEx,

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think Nomadicus got us alll thinking BLT's I know he did me....and I havent had a chance yet....(altho this is not the season to get a really good tomato up here ..... I know I know it is tomato season in Florida.
For some reason the tomatos here in PA, are not that good this year.. I wanted to get green tomatos to make fried tomatos but cant find them anywhere.. Perhaps, a bad time of year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
Well, I am really in a bad mood, so either they can cook or they can take me out to dinner.

Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's
Love Applebee's!!! The Stakes are the best.. oh and cant forget about the big 22'' glass of beer before the stake... I might have to go there tonight...

Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Hey all-long roasted hunk of sirloin/vegs was great-just salad on the side for me-biscuits for Mr L as "lookers" were here a very long time. Tired, drained, cold-night all!

Only feedback I've had so far from the agent was "They're interested" and "I'll be in touch"

Near as I can tell, in 'realtor-speak', that can mean anything from "Don't call me, I'll call you" to "Start packing, you'll be leaving soon"

If you have a translation guide please LMK

On the bright side, I killed my meatloaf with a meatloaf parm sandwich last night and woke up feeling fine

Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
For all the talk about BLT's here is a recipe.

BLT Spread/Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon
1 small tomato diced

Mix it all and serve with lettuce on bread or crackers. Enjoy.

John- Welcome back. It looks like the BLT mood has struck. We'll just have to get Nomad to send us some "ripe" tomatoes. I bought some nice looking tomatoes yesterday from some southern country, lol

Lacey and Cyn- Sounds like you will both need a nap later.

Lacey- Can you eat center cut bacon? It tastes good but not too fattening.

skbs- Can you do bacon bits? At least you could enjoy the flavor but only if it doesn't cause a migraine.

elston- Don't worry. I'll bring the corn and french fries while you serve the lobstah. Seriously Birds Eye or Green Giant is pretty good frozen corn on the cob. I stopped using frozen fries years ago. It's so easy to use a nice russet or Idaho potato for fresh french fries. I don't have a deep fryer either just slice them thin, fry in a little oil, and salt with regular salt or seasoned salt. But if you really want frozen use Ore Ida. Yum.

gym rat- Cheer up. Going out to dinner should perk you up.

mth- Happy birthday to your baby. You are not old. My stepdaughter is turning 30 next month. Now that makes me feel really old, lol.

sd- Feel better.

Back to dinner. I have a full refrigerator and I need to use up(eat) that food. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy for the hubby. He didn't get that the other night. Roast chicken for me and salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink