Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
For all the talk about BLT's here is a recipe.

BLT Spread/Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon
1 small tomato diced

Mix it all and serve with lettuce on bread or crackers. Enjoy.

John- Welcome back. It looks like the BLT mood has struck. We'll just have to get Nomad to send us some "ripe" tomatoes. I bought some nice looking tomatoes yesterday from some southern country, lol

Lacey and Cyn- Sounds like you will both need a nap later.

Lacey- Can you eat center cut bacon? It tastes good but not too fattening.

skbs- Can you do bacon bits? At least you could enjoy the flavor but only if it doesn't cause a migraine.

elston- Don't worry. I'll bring the corn and french fries while you serve the lobstah. Seriously Birds Eye or Green Giant is pretty good frozen corn on the cob. I stopped using frozen fries years ago. It's so easy to use a nice russet or Idaho potato for fresh french fries. I don't have a deep fryer either just slice them thin, fry in a little oil, and salt with regular salt or seasoned salt. But if you really want frozen use Ore Ida. Yum.

gym rat- Cheer up. Going out to dinner should perk you up.

mth- Happy birthday to your baby. You are not old. My stepdaughter is turning 30 next month. Now that makes me feel really old, lol.

sd- Feel better.

Back to dinner. I have a full refrigerator and I need to use up(eat) that food. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy for the hubby. He didn't get that the other night. Roast chicken for me and salad.
I just looked up the ingredients for Bacos and it says there are no preservatives....so I am under the assumption I could eat them. I remember not being a huge fan back in the day.... I do LOVE bacon.... ya know what I really miss? My mom used to make bacon in the oven with maple syrup baked on it.... OMG it is so good.... I could eat the whole entire pan.... not even joking... and put that into a sandwich Someone told me Trader Joes has nitrate free Bacon.... I should petition to have them put a store in Rochester.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Only feedback I've had so far from the agent was "They're interested" and "I'll be in touch"

Near as I can tell, in 'realtor-speak', that can mean anything from "Don't call me, I'll call you" to "Start packing, you'll be leaving soon"

If you have a translation guide please LMK

On the bright side, I killed my meatloaf with a meatloaf parm sandwich last night and woke up feeling fine
Glad for that Burdell!!!! It's just me - little anal.

I hate "realtor speak". But yours sounds positive. We haven't heard anything yet but it's still early.

Best of luck and hope those were your buyers.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

BLT Spread/Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 small tomato diced

Back to dinner. I have a full refrigerator and I need to use up(eat) that food. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy for the hubby. He didn't get that the other night. Roast chicken for me and salad.
That dip cannot possibly be bad!! Yum!!!!

Your dinner sounds good. I am trying to get through a whole week without grocery shopping, but I don't know if I'm going to make it. I want to stop at Braum's (dairy store) and buy milk, cottage cheese, butter, and eggs, does that count?

I decided tonight we're having baked chicken thighs with "loaded style" mashed potatoes. Green onion, bacon, sour cream, and cheddar. Broccoli on side.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Good morning!

I am going to make homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese. We love it and I make it only twice a year.
Have a great day everyone!
Is your recipe posted here? I am always trying new ones for this because when I was younger my BF's mom made it awesome and they always invited me to dinner when they had it. I can't get any to taste like that!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
That dip cannot possibly be bad!! Yum!!!!

Your dinner sounds good. I am trying to get through a whole week without grocery shopping, but I don't know if I'm going to make it. I want to stop at Braum's (dairy store) and buy milk, cottage cheese, butter, and eggs, does that count?

I decided tonight we're having baked chicken thighs with "loaded style" mashed potatoes. Green onion, bacon, sour cream, and cheddar. Broccoli on side.
Those potatoes sounds AMAZING!!!! and my kids would totally approve of your veggie choice btw....

Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,268 times
I agree Debsi, can you ship some of those potatos down here to me????? I think they would go great with my spaghetti. lol

Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 AM

47 posts, read 78,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Welcome! I have no clue what you mean when you say hoppers, string hoppers etc but am sure curious! Please do share with us! As far as the easy recipes we prepare here...anything we can help you with just let us know! Some of the ideas are buried back many pages but never to far to find!!
Its not easy for you to make. You have to find a mold to pour the strings. A kind of tray to pour the string. It's a difficult a task. Why don't you try it from an Indian shop? Or else come this way to Sri Lanka . You can taste some wonderful food with curries. Fruits, deserts such as curd and honey, vegetables, so much for so little........................

Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM

47 posts, read 78,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I just looked up the ingredients for Bacos and it says there are no preservatives....so I am under the assumption I could eat them. I remember not being a huge fan back in the day.... I do LOVE bacon.... ya know what I really miss? My mom used to make bacon in the oven with maple syrup baked on it.... OMG it is so good.... I could eat the whole entire pan.... not even joking... and put that into a sandwich Someone told me Trader Joes has nitrate free Bacon.... I should petition to have them put a store in Rochester.
What is this blt spread dip ?Is it available in HERE sRI lANKA ?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushapathiranasilva View Post
What is this blt spread dip ?Is it available in HERE sRI lANKA ?
Originally Posted by younglisa7

BLT Spread/Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 small tomato diced

Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My Dear Partner is planning to stop over to the pier in Portland....and will pick up some lobsters for supper and a nice Salmon filet....for me to cut and freeze. I will have to go out to get something to go with the lobsters.....if it were summer it would be corn on the cob...is that Birds Eye frozen corn on cob any good? Hey I wouldnt mind french fried potatoes....but havent used frozen ones in years.....what is the best brand of frozen french fries?

I dont have a deep fat fryer and dont want to go thru the trouble of making them from scratch.....and mine are never as good as good ones from a resturant when I do try to fry them at home.
The frozen corn on the cob is ok...not fresh, but edible.

I found if I threw the home made fries into the oven on a cookie sheet after frying them, they'd get nice and crispy and wouldn't be quite as greasy. Yeh, it's a pain, but definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Morning everyone. I am feeling old today. My "baby" turns four today. Sigh, how fast they grow up. Tonight for dinner, spaghetti with meat sauce. My baby has been eating that fairly well so that is what is on the menu as well as birthday cake.

Dinner last night was great, the boys had steak tips and hubby and I had baked wahoo (fish) with a spinich salad and a rice dish.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh PS.. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!
Happy BD to MTH "baby"!

Happy Chinese New Year to you, too.

Not sure what dinner is yet. DH found a new cookbook and has been drooling over it since we got it, but he won't cook anything till he gets some new spices that they're calling for.

Will be in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink