Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times

Advertisements

MWBW now I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes reading your post! Wait until you read another post in the prayer thread what took place at 7pm without having read my post for Nomad!

God is good all the time and your universe friends must be inline with agendas as well!!!!

edit: please, please share your post even if you just copy it over in the prayer thread MWBW! Thank you!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Because, you see, I live in the Central time zone. It was about 5:40 when I left the office. And it was just about 20 minutes later, at 6:00 Central time, when I watched the railroad barriers come down to stop me in the middle of the street, leaving me no choice but to take the time to talk to the universe about my friend Noma.

Goosebumps.....
It has mysterious ways, the universe... and we are all connected, somehow, on this big weird grid. But thank goodness for the size of the hearts of occupying beings like you MWBW, pumping away and producing enough energy to light up the entire network!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
burdell what recipe are you searching for maybe I can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Yes Burdell what recipe?

Sorry if I confused anyone, I was just kinda musing aloud about why the news can be so good one day, so poor the next, with no apparent rhyme or reason to much of it.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
burdell well I was confused! But some days I am lead astray easier than others.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,976 times
I like confusion.. it helps me stay focused ha ha if there is any sense to that..

Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
I like confusion.. it helps me stay focused ha ha if there is any sense to that..
Hey, I completely understand it!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Happy weekend all!

Cyn - some days it seems like, if it's not one thing it's another.

Mwbw - interesting post, there is great synergy here on the cd foodie forum, no?

Quote:
I like that!

Tonight:
A cheeseburger at a restaurant with some baked beans as the side, instead of fried potatoes, or onion rings, or whatever other fried foods...

Came home and had an apple for "dessert." Hopefully that'll redeem me in the eyes of the dietary gods and goddesses.

It has been uncharacteristically cold here in Tennessee the last couple of days. Makes me redouble my joy at living in a place that usually has mild winter weather, which we should be experiencing starting tomorrow. High in the forties instead of teen or twenties. Hooda thunk the forties would sound toasty?!

Take care out there! Drive carefully and patiently on those icy/snowy roads those that have them. We don't need to lose anyone!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 PM

202 posts, read 359,277 times
Noma - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MWBW - Well, they say He works in mysterious ways.

Because they laidoff over 70 people at the Chef's place of employment, they refused to let him take a half-day off, so I went to my Dad's house and had dinner with he and my three-year-old nephew. We had frozen battered fish baked, baked potatoes, and corn (the nephew ate about half a hot dog and a bite of everything else). When the Chef gets home, he's still planning on making me chicken fried steak. Gosh I'm spoiled!

Apparently the local airport clocked the temp today at -29 degrees! WITHOUT the wind chill factor! I don't know if it's ever been that cold here. And I just hate driving on those country gravel roads when it's so icy out...Always afraid I'm going to end up in a drainage ditch! So I second bjh - if you must go out, be careful and bundle up!

Old 01-17-2009, 03:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Good morning all you wonderful people.

MWBW-your post gave me goosebumps and brought tears. Amazing the senergy.

For the first time we are above 0, it is 19 above with wind chill of 1 above, winds are whipping and snow due today.

Rolling different ideas for dinner around in my tired brain and believe me it won't be ambitious. Pizza was such a nice break last night.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Good morning everyone!
Nomadicus, my heart broke when I read your news my friend. You and yours are constantly in my prayers. Stay strong. Miracles do happen! I have seen it with my sister!
MWBW, your post gave me goodbumps as well. You are a very special person my friend!
At DH's request I tried something different with the salisbury steak last night and was very disappointed. At least I tried. I won't do it again though! Ha! Instead of a brown sauce he told me to try a red sauce and it just didn't do the dish any good! Maybe it just wasn't what we are use to.
Tonight I am keeping it simple. We are having chili dogs, onions, shredded cheese, french fries and sliced avacados.

Day 29--no smoking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink