Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times

Advertisements

Well it looks like it has been quiet in here tonight that will make the morning birds happy.

I must tell ya all I had a party in my mouth eating that guacamole and the kids didn't even notice no mayo but they did the tomatoes I added. They were fine with it seems the whole bowl is almost empty!

southdown Haggis will stay on the UK thread for me.

Coastal hope your dentist gets your bite right soon and you are chomping away with no problems!

Nomad I don't drink coffee so I will trust ya alls word on chocolate in it is good.

Kats we had chili here tonight! Glad yours was good for you.

After supper I decided to make some egg noodles so did a 6 eggs batch worth that are holding down the dining room table drying using both leaves. Boy it took longer to roll and cut them even using the pasta roller I got for Christmas!

We made it up to 32° today and still at 28° so no need to drip the water tonight. Still will be cold getting out for church tomorrow. Brrrr

Better get in bed night all!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Nomad I don't drink coffee so I will trust ya alls word on chocolate in it is good.
I used to never did either. Didn't like it. I keep reading good things about it and it's ability to help defend against several diseases. Guess I'm learning to like it. It does have a lot going for it. I don't add sugar or cream...Just take the bitter out with the quick...

Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,379,036 times
Pizza! Pizza! Not from take-out, but homemade with real Canadian bacon, not the reconstituted stuff. Grape jello with chopped apples mixed in for salad/dessert, depending on whether you have it first or last.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:35 PM

91 posts, read 231,465 times
I made Lime/salt/pepper marinated Tilapia with country veggies.

I already have home-made chicken/veggie soup started and simmering for tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:04 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,114,944 times
Since i was too tipsy to post last night. We had for starters;

Fresh grilled oysters (had a hard time getting them open) with applewood smoked cheese and parsley

Prawn torpedos with pork and coriander dumplings, served with a mango chutney and soy sauce.

For main course was Panang curry with fresh tiger prawns. It was delicous!

My aunt let me try some haggis, i was a bit iffy at first but it was really nice and spiced, the oats were a lovely texture too. I'd highly recommend a taste.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Good morning Mistyck and Scotslass-you've arrived at a great place.

Jaxson-it was quiet here last night-guess those east coasters were bundled under the covers. Glad the guac went over-I have become addicted to avocados.

Kats welcome to the big pot club.

Noma-coffee n choc perfect together.

Tonight ham steak, baked sweets, peas.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:43 AM

48,118 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Default "Will ye no come back again?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post

Fresh grilled oysters (had a hard time getting them open) with applewood smoked cheese and parsley

Prawn torpedos with pork and coriander dumplings, served with a mango chutney and soy sauce.

My aunt let me try some haggis, i was a bit iffy at first but it was really nice and spiced, the oats were a lovely texture too. I'd highly recommend a taste.
Wow, it is fun to read your menu....it sounds delicious! I look forward to further posts from you. I have had haggis....just a sample sized portion at a Burns Night celebration quite a few years ago.....I wasnt impressed one way or the other....and truly can't recall it now.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:46 AM

48,118 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post

I already have home-made chicken/veggie soup started and simmering for tomorrow.
Welcome here mistyck....that soup sounds great! We are getting winter storm advisories here in Maine....good day for a pot of hot soup....but we will have to see how the day unfolds to decide what to have for Dinner tonight.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post

You can't go wrong with smoked cheese. That's the best kind.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:56 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post

Love tilapia. Matter of fact, I'll do some later. Pan-seared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink