Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

I was up at 4:00am lacey! Guess we're burning the midnight oil between the two of us! It's a pain because I'm tired but can't sleep and yet during the day I have no energy! It's been worse since I stopped smoking it seems. Another side affect?
For dinner tonight I am thinking maybe pork chops done the "eslton-way". Unless DH feels well enough to make the talapia tonight. Just have to wait and see what the day brings.......

Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-been up since the unGodly hour of 3AM-mind is just spinning.

Oh would I love a BLT-haven't have bacon since June!!!! Is that un-American or what!

Hey John-you were missed.

Leftover roast tonight as hot sandwiches.
Oh Lacey I Feel Your Pain with the bacon. I can't have it either with the migraines and I miss it. I do sneak it every once in a great while and am quickly reminded why I cannot eat it. I love bacon.

Another cold day here (def not as cold as Lacey....but cold).... I want a bone warming dinner....along with what the kids will be willing to eat....but The Chatterbox is complaining of a tummy ache so I am waiting to see what that brings..... hoping it is nothing..... I will get back to you as the day goes on and I can get a better idea of what the pantry has in store......

Old 01-26-2009, 05:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Cyn then we were up at the same time as your 4AM is our 3AM!!!

Hope DH feels better.

SKBS-I know what you mean about a bone warmer dinner. I so look forward to dinner as it's my hot meal of the day!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
HI ALL!!! I made BLT's for dinner tonight.. I havent had one in so long I forgot how good the little buggers taste.
I think Nomadicus got us alll thinking BLT's I know he did me....and I havent had a chance yet....(altho this is not the season to get a really good tomato up here ..... I know I know it is tomato season in Florida.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think Nomadicus got us alll thinking BLT's I know he did me....and I havent had a chance yet....(altho this is not the season to get a really good tomato up here ..... I know I know it is tomato season in Florida.
I could go for a nice tomato sandwich.... we could always plan a trip to visit my friend JUAN! Have some fruity drinks on the beach while we look for some ripe tomatoes???? Enjoy the rays and warmth.... WARMTH.....oh.... I miss warmth......we could eat them OUTSIDE!!!!!!!! IN THE SUN and WARMTH!!!! LOL.... with JUAN

Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I could go for a nice tomato sandwich.... we could always plan a trip to visit my friend JUAN! Have some fruity drinks on the beach while we look for some ripe tomatoes???? Enjoy the rays and warmth.... WARMTH.....oh.... I miss warmth......we could eat them OUTSIDE!!!!!!!! IN THE SUN and WARMTH!!!! LOL.... with JUAN
I don't know Juan.....but the idea of sun and boat drinks on the beach..........and BLT's with vine ripened tomatoes....sounds like a GO.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Me too-think I'd take the warmth and the tomato and skip Juan!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:56 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
A southerly trip sounds good about now, but there's not a snowball's chance in a hot place of such a thing happening to this buttercup. Have fun if you go, skbs, and say hi to Juan for me.

Class tonight, so supper will be leftovers gulped down in the staff breakroom after work and before class. Have a good one, all.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 AM

My Dear Partner is planning to stop over to the pier in Portland....and will pick up some lobsters for supper and a nice Salmon filet....for me to cut and freeze. I will have to go out to get something to go with the lobsters.....if it were summer it would be corn on the cob...is that Birds Eye frozen corn on cob any good? Hey I wouldnt mind french fried potatoes....but havent used frozen ones in years.....what is the best brand of frozen french fries?

I dont have a deep fat fryer and dont want to go thru the trouble of making them from scratch.....and mine are never as good as good ones from a resturant when I do try to fry them at home.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
A southerly trip sounds good about now, but there's not a snowball's chance in a hot place of such a thing happening to this buttercup. Have fun if you go, skbs, and say hi to Juan for me.

Class tonight, so supper will be leftovers gulped down in the staff breakroom after work and before class. Have a good one, all.
LOL it is my cold weather/destresser day dream.... I fly down to a warm beach and a very handsome waiter named Juan carries me fruity drinks with a fun little paper umbrella in it as I sit in a chair under an oversized umbrella on a lovely beach....and I just sit in the warmth of the sun eating Tropical fruit and drinking fruity drinks..... destressing in the warmth of the sun..... isn't it a very lovely image? One of my favorites in January and February.....as I sit in gray skies burried under about 100 inches of snow.... (with limited produce)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink