Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Here's a thought, Lacey and Jessie....we bring everything to Elston's house and have a seafood buffet. How's that??? Oh, wait a minute...it's cold and snowy there. Elston, would you be willing to bring your stuff down here???
Elston's lobsters and not snow???? Sounds good to me.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,558,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I wish my kids would eat shrimp.....that sounds so amazingly delicious NMS..... yum.....

Now, if they don't want theirs, may I have some??

Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Then he can buy his TOMATOES!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Elston's lobsters and not snow???? Sounds good to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Now, if they don't want theirs, may I have some??

Good thinking, skbs. Malfunction, you're welcome to join. Let's see...we need some nice crusty bread and a salad. Jessie, you and Mal decide what you're bringing between you, ok?Lacey's in charge of wine and dessert. I have some wine here, too.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
I wish my kids would eat shrimp.....that sounds so amazingly delicious NMS..... yum.....

I'm available for adoption and promise to eat every shrimp in the house!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Hi again, I was PMed to give the recipe for Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
It's nothing special, I use the recipe on Ronzoni elbows.

1 16oz. uncooked elbows
1 1/2 teaspoons salt or seasoned salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
5 cups milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
4 cups (1 lb.) shredded sharp
2 teaspoons dry ground mustard cheddar cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. I cook them 5 mins. Preheat oven to 375. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour, mustard and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly and bubbles. (about 20 mins.) Remove from heat. Add 2 cups of the cheese; stir until melted. Combine sauce with pasta. Spoon into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese. Bake 40 mins. or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 mins.

I change a few things....... I grease my baking dish with Pam, not butter. I use 1% milk, less salt, and I use extra sharp cheddar. I also grate a small piece of whole wheat bread for a crusty top. It is so yummy and it tastes even better when eaten the next day.
This time, I am freezing half of the dish, I haven't done this before, but hopefully it will be ok. It's too much for just me and DH.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,191,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have a hankering for creamed dried beef on toast, or maybe sausage and gravy...neither of which I ever eat, so I wonder what brought this on? It's really cold here, so maybe it's the weather that makes me want something creamy, starchy, and soothing ...
A remembered childhood meal was creamed chipped beef over waffles for dinner. We also occasionally had pancakes and sausage for dinner as well. Another odd dinner dish was scrambled eggs with Hormel chili and saltines.

BTW, I didn't participate in the Worst Foods Growing Up thread here because I liked everything

Old 01-26-2009, 02:32 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Just got home and very full up from a late lunch...Clueless about dinner...Right now a dish of ice cream later would be good...

Old 01-26-2009, 02:32 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Good thinking, skbs. Malfunction, you're welcome to join. Let's see...we need some nice crusty bread and a salad. Jessie, you and Mal decide what you're bringing between you, ok?Lacey's in charge of wine and dessert. I have some wine here, too.
I can bring a nice french bread. Do we want a green salad? We can get some of those wonderful tomatoes to add to it.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Sounds like a plan. Gosh, hubby's been gone a while. Please hope that he doesn't bring home half the store, which he normally does when I leave him to his own devices. :}

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm available for adoption and promise to eat every shrimp in the house!
At least there wouldn't be anyone complaining at the dinner table! LOL

Actually....no complaints right now.... I let DIVA pick her dinner....She is eating Cereal (BRAN Flakes ) and Wax Beans.... seriously THAT was what she wanted for dinner. Hubby is coming home early to get her for class so she really has to eat and run.... and THAT was the dinner of choice.... EASY PEASY.... and no complaining..... from me or her.... Now, just to decide what to make for the Chatterbox and hubby later.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink