Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times

Advertisements

When you order a subway melt from indians (from the country india) making your sandwich it has become clear to me the concept of MELT doesnt apply to their idea of the sandwich was designed for.
Its called MELT for a reason.
When the Subway melt sandwich was created YEARS AGO it was toasted and or microwaved,
the ham, turkey, bacon and CHEESE!

If I order a melt its suppose to BE HOT otherwise it would just be a regular sandwich, which is why its in the NAME.

Sorry its starting to bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Be more specific when you give your order. You can't complain if you don't tell them what you want.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
I work at a subway and my boss's are not Indian. With that being said it should be obvious that if you order a melt it will be toasted. The wordMELT means either toasted or melted in the microwave but at my Subway we toast the melts. I don't think it's the fact that they are Indian I think it's because they have no common sense. Any one can screw up a sandwich no matter what ethnicity they are. If you were to order a Turkey and cheese sub I would ask if you wanted it toasted. It's common knowledge. Chicken bacon ranch melts get toasted too. Basically it's Stupidity on their part not to know that a melt gets toasted.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,865,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Be more specific when you give your order. You can't complain if you don't tell them what you want.
I think "I'd like a Subway Melt" is self-explanatory. I know what the OP is talking about because I've ordered sandwiches that have a full description of the ingredients on the menu (including the veggies) and I still have to go through the entire "Would you like...?" routine even after saying "Just make it the way it is described on the menu."

Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Perhaps their default is to microwave, UNLESS you say you want it toasted. When I order a steak and cheese sub for my husband, they ask if I want it toasted. And the answer - is no. I don't. I DO want it heated though. But my husband doesn't like it toasted. He just wants it hot.

I'm glad your Indians ask if you want it toasted. It's pretty obvious to me that they're planning on tossing it in the microwave if you say no - since it IS a melt, as you say, and of course they have to melt the cheese.

How about next time, try saying no thanks, just the way it normally is done. And let them show you that they DO melt the cheese - in the microwave, not the toaster oven.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM

90 posts, read 140,874 times
subway sux!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,865,272 times
I thought they only microwaved the meats. There's nothing appetizing about a microwaved sandwich as it ruins the bread.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I thought they only microwaved the meats. There's nothing appetizing about a microwaved sandwich as it ruins the bread.
Exactly. And the point of a [insert meat here] melt, is to melt cheese over meat and serve it on a roll.

This is to be distinguished from a "toasted [meat] and cheese sandwich," which, by definition, requires that the entire sandwich be toasted.

Melt = cheese melted over meat, on a roll.
Toasted sandwich = food on a roll, all toasted together.

I make my pastrami sandwiches split: I toast the rye bread, and I grill the pastrami and swiss cheese seperately.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:39 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
Subway does not use a regular microwave oven; they use kind of convection or whatever thingy that does toast things.
I'd have to ask Lubby about that stuff to be sure. Lubby's accounts are the truth and accurate.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,738 times
Some guys I worked with would go to Subway for lunch, and when they came back to work. their co-workers would laugh, and tell those guys they knew they went to Subway. Dismayed, they would ask how they knew? The other guys told them they smelled like yeast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink