Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh, what a blast from the past!

Veal drumsticks! I remember those.
Appian Way Pizza, yep, that is what I thought real pizza was, little did I know lol.

What about Teaberry gum, sen-sens, Zero bars, candy cigarettes, gum cigarettes with the powder in them so if you blew out it looked like smoke lol, boxed Chef Boyardee spaghetti, cinnamon toothpicks, or giant sweet tarts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
Jess.....I have looked all over the internet for the Trident Orange somewhere and all I can find is the Tropical Fruit....it is an orange package but it is not the same flavor

Where did you see it????
Oh My! Maybe I better check to make sure. I'll let you know.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Wow you all have come up with some good ones I have not seen in years, I did see one store here that sold the candy cigarettes still but not the old bubble gum cigars they used to make.
I remembered a few more:

Golden age soda

It was either Castleberry's or Sweet Sue brand chicken newburg

The chicken pot pies when they had meat and vegetables in them.

Good Humor ice cream bars

Chick-o-sticks loved those things

Canned Brown Bread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Oh My! Maybe I better check to make sure. I'll let you know.

Thanks Jess......if you do find it maybe we can work something out

I love my Trident Orange(may have been called Fruit....but not Tropical, no fruit on the package, just plain and orange in color) I don't like the Tropical flavor....not near as good

Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,901,814 times
I think Maine must be a time machine... many of the things I see listed here are at my local market.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:12 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
RCM58
I buy canned brown bread all the time. B&M still makes it. Yum.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Clearly Canadian sparkling water!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:38 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
Default What discontinued food/drink do you wish they'd bring back?

Here's my picks:

Dixies snack crackers

Aspen soft drink

Tuna Twist

Vanilla Pepsi (I drink the diet instead)

Reggie! candy bars

Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Carnation Breakfast bars

P.B. Maxx candy

Old 10-30-2008, 05:04 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times
Gravy Quik instant gravy mixes. They were a staple in my Mom's kitchen when I was growing up. Perhaps they were the first convenience gravy mixes. Mom would combined the juices from a chicken, turkey or roast with GQ to make a big pot of gravy.

I didn't realize they were vegetarian, from Loma Linda one of the two big vegetarian food companies of the time along with Worthington. A couple of years ago GQ disappeared from store shelves. I investigated and found that Kelloggs had acquired Loma Linda and Worthington and had discontinued Gravy Quik.

You would combine the gravy packet's ingredients (mostly wheat based) with two cups cold water, perhaps a bit of oil, and bring to a boil, the result being a rich flavorful gravy. As I remember there was brown, mushroom (brown with dried mushrooms), a "chicken" which was yellow/beige, "country" which was thick white, and onion which was thick white with onions.

Mom used to combine one brown and one "chicken" (I forget what it was called) with turkey drippings to make bounteous gravy for the traditional thanksgiving meal. I added a small can of sliced button mushrooms to a slightly water reduced brown gravy mix to make a heavenly topping for swiss cheese / mushroom burger melt. The country or onion gravy made a wonderful topping for biscuits and gravy.

I wish I had a mushroom melt right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink