Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:29 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Baby Ruth Ice cream bars. I was so disappointed when they quit making these. Also, does anyone remember a coke called "Mr. Cola?" Best coke out there. We had a dairy queen type place that made drinks called Pomaides. I don't know if thats the correct spelling, but they were delicious. I have never heard of them anywhere outside of Ardmore, Ok. though.
Martinez, we still have orange trident and carefree gum.

You have Trident orange....not tropical fruit but orange????? I'll be right over!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Bosco. It was a chocolate syrup like no other. I'd love to get my hands on some.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
I loved bonkers candy, the old taco bell taco salad, my brother loved charelston chews and the hot fries with andy capp on the bag.
Oooh, if I could only find some Andy Capp Hot Fries - YES!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Creamsicles!!!!! Not Dreamsicles. (Ice cream vs. ice milk)

Big Boogie candy. I swear I'm the only person on the planet that remembers these. Like an over sized Bit 'O Honey (another fav!!), with peanuts in it. They came out with strawberry. Man those were good.

Beemans, Black Jack, Clove: Really good chewing gum.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

Big Boogie candy. I swear I'm the only person on the planet that remembers these. Like an over sized Bit 'O Honey (another fav!!), with peanuts in it. They came out with strawberry. Man those were good.

I think I remember the Big Boogie. Did it come in a long, dark, wrapping? white and kind of sticky? What I'm thinking of may have been Big Hunk.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
From my high school days in the 70's, I miss Sara Lee brownies, banana cake and walnut cakes in the freezer section of the grocery store. Also these really yummy toaster pizzas the size and shape of english muffins. Blueberry pop tarts tasted better back then.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 PM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Baby Ruth Ice cream bars. I was so disappointed when they quit making these. Also, does anyone remember a coke called "Mr. Cola?" Best coke out there. We had a dairy queen type place that made drinks called Pomaides. I don't know if thats the correct spelling, but they were delicious. I have never heard of them anywhere outside of Ardmore, Ok. though.
Martinez, we still have orange trident and carefree gum.
Jess.....I have looked all over the internet for the Trident Orange somewhere and all I can find is the Tropical Fruit....it is an orange package but it is not the same flavor

Where did you see it????

Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Green GATORGUM!!

I would looooooooooooove to have some now. Even though it ran out of flavor really quickly and got super hard to chew.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Does anyone remember Appian Way pizza? It was from the 1960's and we had never had pizza. The mix came in a box and we thought it was great...until eventually we found out what pizza was supposed to taste like.
Also, I think that animal crackers and pretzels tasted SOO much better then than they do now.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:33 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

I think they still sell Beemans~ How about that gum that tastes like lavendar? I can't remember the brand but I just bought some a couple weeks ago and it was awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink