Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:45 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,509 times

Advertisements

Can the woman NOT cook??? I have never been to a starbucks, and no desire to go. I'm a damn good cook and don't eat fast food slop.
I just don't see the logic to spend a inflated price for lousy food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
Come on, folks - it's a publicity stunt and, looking at the activity on this thread, it's working .

Sometimes foolish behavior is just, uh... foolish?

Old 01-04-2014, 02:59 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
No matter how often you go to Starbucks, chances are this woman has you beat.

Beautiful Existence (yes, that is her legal name) ate breakfast, lunch and dinner from Starbucks every single day of 2013.

Read more: Seattle woman eats nothing but Starbucks food for a year - NY Daily News
The world abounds in mental midgets.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 AM

317 posts, read 576,337 times
I survived on MREs for a whole year, with an occassional goat or some chicken we bought from hadji, nothing news worthy here

Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
I have decided to challenge myself to only drink and eat what i love during the next year. I will only wear clothes i enjoy and drive a car that is parked in my garage.

I will let you all know how the year goes!!
That, my friend, is what life should be all about!

I think she did it because she wanted to but the publicity has really been good for Starbucks hasn't it? I enjoy Starbucks. I don't know if they sell the oatcake everywhere or just in Hawaii but that's my favorite. And I love cafe latte (no sugar). I only go once in a while, though, because I can't justify spending so much.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
This is misleading, it implies she lived on coffee for a year and that is not the case. Starbucks makes all kinds of different foods and she lived on all of that for a year. They have sandwiches, paninis, salads, yogurt, fruit, cheese, bakery items, hummus, breakfast sandwiches, and oatmeal. It must have costs a fortune to do that, but it isn't like she lived on coffee and lattes for a year.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:52 PM

543 posts, read 1,146,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
I have decided to challenge myself to only drink and eat what i love during the next year. I will only wear clothes i enjoy and drive a car that is parked in my garage.

I will let you all know how the year goes!!
oh, you radical, you.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Attention seeker??? If so - it worked.
People do these stunts all the time to get on TV, write books, etc.

Supersize Me

No Impact Man

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

All the same type of thing.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM

543 posts, read 1,146,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
This is misleading, it implies she lived on coffee for a year and that is not the case. Starbucks makes all kinds of different foods and she lived on all of that for a year. They have sandwiches, paninis, salads, yogurt, fruit, cheese, bakery items, hummus, breakfast sandwiches, and oatmeal. It must have costs a fortune to do that, but it isn't like she lived on coffee and lattes for a year.
It did cost her a fortune.. over $7,000. It comes to about $350 per week. Yes, there are fresh food choices, but come on... $7,000 a year is a rather expensive experiment from where I sit...

I liked her Goodwill experiment better.... although their prices are pretty high these days, IMO.
Maybe she took the money she saved at Goodwill and "invested it" in the Starbucks experiment.
Yeah, that's it.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:39 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
People are so negative. At least she had the commitment and self-control to do something. that's more than most. It didn't hurt anyone and I wouldn't be surprised if she got a gig out of it. The year before she did a similar thing with Goodwill. I give her a lot of credit even though it is not anything I would ever do. And for those complaining about the price, stop. It makes you look petty and jealous. She could afford it and chose this. Im sure you spent your money on something I'd say was stupid too. again, it didn't hurt anyone and it was her money.
She had the commitment and self-control to eat.

Talk about low expectations! Some people sure are easily impressed.

P.S. Nobody is complaining about the price. We're laughing. At her. And others who think what she did is some kind of accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The world abounds in mental midgets.
Indeed. This would include people like Beautiful Existence and those who are dazzled by her endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink