Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:25 PM

11 posts, read 28,890 times

Advertisements

I would. And I would return if I enjoyed said dish. Do we not already go to places for 1 particular food product? And example here in Michigan would be our local Pasty shop. Delicious!! Also our Michigan apple orchards (cider and donuts!).

Maybe those are not restaurants and therefore not the greatest examples. But to me the same general principals would apply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 03:29 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,885,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside987n View Post
...our local Pasty shop...
I wish I could get good pasties here, in Dixie.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,885,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Do you know of "The Den" in Decatur, IL?...
I was referring to the historic Dew Chilli Parlor - where chilli has two els.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside987n View Post
I would. And I would return if I enjoyed said dish. Do we not already go to places for 1 particular food product? And example here in Michigan would be our local Pasty shop. Delicious!! Also our Michigan apple orchards (cider and donuts!).

Maybe those are not restaurants and therefore not the greatest examples. But to me the same general principals would apply!

Okay, how about a restaurant that served Macaroni and Cheese, homemade sauce and pasta shells?
The only thing you could order with it is white bread and real butter or garlic bread and a very limited choice of beverages.

Edited to add: The white bread would be made fresh daily as well as the Italian crusty bread for garlic bread.

Last edited by CSD610; 12-16-2014 at 03:42 PM..

Old 12-16-2014, 03:39 PM

3,508 posts, read 768,464 times
i do that in a round about way .. i only go to wendys for their chili .. i only go to burger king for their chicken sandwich ..i only eat captain Ds fish ..i only go to sonic for their burgers ..i prefer hardees coffee .. if these places sold nothing else it would be fine with me ...

Old 12-16-2014, 03:42 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Quote:
Okay, how about a restaurant that served Macaroni and Cheese, homemade sauce and pasta shells?
The only thing you could order with it is white bread and real butter or garlic bread and a very limited choice of beverages.
I could see that concept working in a mall food court, or maybe a food truck, but not as a stand alone spot. I don't go out for anything easily made at home.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i do that in a round about way .. i only go to wendys for their chili .. i only go to burger king for their chicken sandwich ..i only eat captain Ds fish ..i only go to sonic for their burgers ..i prefer hardees coffee .. if these places sold nothing else it would be fine with me ...
I cannot stand Wendy's
Went to Burger King for the first time in 20 years a few days ago and was reminded why I quit going there
I cannot stand any fish place
Sonic is way too greasy for me
I haven't stepped into a Hardee's since 1986.

Any fast food place has to be an absolute last resort choice for me to go to any of them since I gave up eating fast food more than 15 years ago.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I could see that concept working in a mall food court, or maybe a food truck, but not as a stand alone spot. I don't go out for anything easily made at home.
A food truck is not a bad idea however, in bad weather there would be no seating so it would all have to be to go. Overall not a bad idea but some wee changes to adapt would probably work better for it, maybe some sort of tent type area for a bit of seating. Nothing too big though and nothing fancy just an area to sit for a while if you want to stay or while you are waiting for your to go order.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:49 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
Quote:
I cannot stand Wendy's
Went to Burger King for the first time in 20 years a few days ago and was reminded why I quit going there
I cannot stand any fish place
Sonic is way too greasy for me
I haven't stepped into a Hardee's since 1986.

Any fast food place has to be an absolute last resort choice for me to go to any of them since I gave up eating fast food more than 15 years ago.
I totally get Hoss's point, though. There's one thing that lures Hoss to those places and so that's the purchase.

I'm like that with a lot of places. When I zero in on a good dish at a restaurant, that's what I'll order every time I go there because I know that I like it. It doesn't matter what else is on the menu -- I'm getting THAT.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I was referring to the historic Dew Chilli Parlor - where chilli has two els.
I think that had already closed well before I ever lived in or around Springfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink