Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:05 AM

284 posts, read 379,322 times

Advertisements

I like that it has so many de-caff varieties, especially in the diet sodas. It's pretty impossible to find diet-decaf Diet Coke at any restaurant these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 AM

3,649 posts, read 3,786,423 times
They don't bother me. But I am very glad I don't have to maintain them.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:20 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
I can't really say that I've noticed them being anymore inconvenient than any other self-serve fountain setup, anywhere, myself.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 AM

804 posts, read 1,076,254 times
they should just put a coke and diet coke tap on the side.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:27 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
When the Freestyle machines were first sold, I thought that you would be able to order the hundreds of Coke products that have never been offered before like some of the sodas offered internationally.

When I saw that it was simply a rehash of the same old beverages, it became a lot less appealing. Actually, the machines in many of the major convenience chains like Quiktrip or Circle K offer a great deal more variety.
Are you sure that your Circle K offers over 100 different fountain beverages? Mine sure doesn't.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:29 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,800,616 times
Burp it down the drain (just a short shot of waste) before filling your cup and plain coke will taste like plain coke (same syrup).

Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM

258 posts, read 299,924 times
I don't like the Freestyle for two different reasons:

1- The machine is never not- sticky. How it is that difficult for some special people in this world to use a soda fountain without spraying it everywhere is beyond me.

2- I dread having to use this machine if I am at a place where there are kids. Lots of parents let their kids go wild and either won't supervise them, or, they will stand there with their child and scroll through the billion drink options asking the kid what they want. If there are no people waiting to use the machine, fine. Knock yourself out. But if there are two or three people in line, just make the decision for the child already. And if you see your kids holding up people who just want to get a water and go, please intervene.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:03 PM

649 posts, read 570,744 times
I hate these machines and they're popping up everywhere. Most of the sodas come out tasting weird. For some reason the only soda that taste halfway normal to me is Mr. Pibb.

I used to go to this one particular restaurant just for their Cherry Fanta because I can't find it anywhere else and I love it but since they switched over to the new machines it doesn't taste the same. I guess my Cherry Fanta drinking days are over.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
No, I do not like them.
But, I have learned to use them enough to get what I want out of them.
If given the choice (never happen) between one of the new machines and one of the old machines, I would use the old one every time!

Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,561,614 times
My soda-buying decision-making process:
If I want a Diet Coke (I only drink diet, for the past 35 years), I'll go to McDonald's, as they go for $1. And they're in Styrofoam cups, which keeps the ice longer. If I want a Diet Dr. Pepper, I have to go to a 76 gas station or an Arco AM/PM where they have a larger selection (and Pepsi fountains usually have it, whereas Coke does not).
If I walk into a strange gas station/store and all they carry is Pepsi fountain, I turn around and walk out. (unless they have Diet Dr. Pepper)
If I want the fancy machine, I have to go to Burger King, but I'm never sure if it's worth that extra $.89-.99!
If I go to a fountain machine and it's out of order, I usually turn around and walk out, as I don't care for the sodas in a bottle too much.
If I'm really wanting a soda and machine out of order, I'll buy Diet Dr. Pepper in a bottle over Diet Coke in a bottle. And cans -- no way, unless I'm super desperate.

Story of the day: I went into a Wing Stop recently because they have the Freestyle machine. I ordered a large drink. The lady says, that's all you want? I said, yep. She said, I'm not going to make you pay for that if that's all you're getting. Here you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink