Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Pssst...scroll up to my post above yours.
Aha! I see it now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM

21 posts, read 126,948 times
I just sprinkle on McCormicks' Montreal Steak seasoning. Work it in while making the patty. Good stuff.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Has anyone tried putting dry Lipton onion soup mix into your meat? I think I seen it on TV once, but I can't remember. It seems like the mushroom soup flavor would be good too.

I know it's not a burger, but I love a good hamburger steak and fries with brown gravy and onions poured over the top. Mmmmm mmmmm!
Yes, I've added Lipton Onion Soup mix with the ground beef in the past.

Nowadays, I'm like JoeBud, I mix Schilling's Motreal Steak Seasoning with the extra lean ground beef and I grill the hamburger and everything else on natural mesquite, which is plentiful here in the Arizona desert regions. It gives meats a very good smoked flavor.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
Am I the only one who does this?

I put in one egg, a couple of pinches of flour, garlic salt and pepper, a bit of soy sauce and mix it up then patty it out. The flavor is wonderful and they are not dry...I do not use a lot of flour....but juicy and tasty. I do not like fat burgers so I patty ours out med to thin thickness.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
I learned from my grandma that the most important thing about getting a juicy burger (no matter how thin the patty) is to never squeeze it while cooking! I never squeeze my burgers and I get nice juicy burgers everytime without adding anything(even when using those thin already pressed patties from the store)

Old 02-28-2008, 04:13 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
i take the ground beef, add finely chopped onion and garlic, salt and about half a lemon. then form the burger and keep in the fridge for an hour or so. then cook

Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 PM

739 posts, read 830,943 times
Hamburgers are essentially steak. So cook it as you would steak. Let the meat come to room temperature before cooking. Get your grill extremely hot - so hot that your hand held about 3-4 inches from the grate could only stay there for about 1 second before you have to yank it away.

Season your burgers with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little garlic powder. Blot with a paper towel before putting on grill to remove excess moisture. Sear for a few minutes, then flip. Do not poke or prod. Have a heavy metal pan that is on the grill, but not directly over the hot coals. After searing, move the burgers to the pan and cover the grill. Cook to desired level of doneness. Remove from grill and wrap in foil for about 4-5 minutes so that the juices return to the center.

Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink