Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 12:24 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Scrapple
Underwood Deviled Chicken and Ham out of the can
Those chocolate pops women eat when on diets that are only 40 calories
Tastykakes
Kraft Mac and Cheese
Campbells tomato soup with grilled cheese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 12:24 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Pepperidge Farm frozen 3-layer cakes - I've had them all and love the chocolate fudge and key lime the most. I used to make excuses for buying them but now I don't because I'm old and don't care.
I love cake, but when I don't feel like baking I get one of these cakes. Love them!

Also, Fritos brand Mild Cheddar Cheese dip with Frito scoops and a Pepsi on ice.

For tater tot lovers, I buy the mini tater tots because then I get more crispness due to less inside.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:27 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Pop Tarts!!!! Brown sugar, with frosting.

The problem, or perhaps it is a solution.... is if I eat most of the stuff I list, I will feel ill afterwards. Someone brought a Chantilly cake and I will eat whatever sounds good at parties, and one piece made me feel sick to my stomach for hours after. Worth it? Yes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-28-2019, 12:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Forgot about the Underwood Devil chicken spread - like unctuous crack, yum.
Also love the Croatian pâtés in a pop top can, by Podravka. Thankfully I can get them at a local supermarket chain that specializes in Mediterranean imports.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:47 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,402,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Pepperidge Farm frozen 3-layer cakes - I've had them all and love the chocolate fudge and key lime the most. I used to make excuses for buying them but now I don't because I'm old and don't care.
I love cake, but when I don't feel like baking I get one of these cakes. Love them!

Also, Fritos brand Mild Cheddar Cheese dip with Frito scoops and a Pepsi on ice.

For tater tot lovers, I buy the mini tater tots because then I get more crispness due to less inside.
I'll be right over.

Seriously...my next bag-o-tots will have to be minis.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I don't categorize food as high or low end.
I don’t consider the meals I’ve enjoyed at Le Cirque or Alinea as on the same level as meals I’ve enjoyed at Whataburger or the Waffle House. But they’re all good!

I’ve discovered that my favorite bologna is the one made with snouts and tooters.

And I do love me some cold pickled pigs’ feet!

In a pinch, I’m not above throwing a can of cream soup in a casserole, either!

Old 07-28-2019, 01:01 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Ice cream sandwiches.

Pimento cheese spread.

Tater tots.

Fritos scoops.

It's been YEARS since I've had any of the above, WAAAH.

I wonder if I could make Pimento cheese spread??
I love everything on this list, and, like you, don't remember the last time I actually had any of them, except for one. My husband makes me a batch of pimento cheese every two weeks or so. He'd do it more often, but it takes me that long to finish the first. He's retired, I work full-time, and I come home to pimento cheese, pita chips, and a glass of wine at the ready.

I do love marshmallows, haven't had one in years, but after reading this thread, I may buy myself a bag.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,328 times
Friendlys used to have these fronions with zesty sauce and buffalo chicken tenders that I loved. Sometime over the last few years they changed both recipes and they just aren’t the same.

Agree with the Cracker Barrel Mac n cheese

Love Olive Garden even though I know it’s not “true Italian”

Old 07-28-2019, 01:06 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
My husband must have been feeling kitschy at the store today, he bought a can of La Choy chow mein. He'll have to enjoy that for lunch one day, I'm not touching it.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post

Do they still make Pepperiidge Farm frozen three layer cakes? There was a chocolate one with white swirls on top and little chocolate chips that my mother used to buy in the 70s.

Funny, when I look back on it, my parents - who thought they were "food snobs", never ate regular white bread. THEY only ate Pepperige farm or Arnold if white bread was called for. And they thought both were "upscale brands".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink