Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 09:01 AM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Cheeses like Esrom, Limburger, and Roquefort only smell bad to some people when they've had plenty of time to age. A young Limburger is no more offensive than Brie.
I've not had many chances to try out the washed-rind cheeses, so that is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
It seems like their cheese selection has shrunk by a lot lately. I hope it's just a temporary situation due to the holidays.
If it doesn't improve after the holiday season, the internet can be your salvation! With the wide variety of quality cheeses available online these days, no one has to settle for mediocre stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 01:37 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
No, sorry I was not clear enough, I have not found wenslydale at Costco, but they do carry some good quality British import cheeses, mostly cheddars. I sometimes find the wensyldale at Grocery Outlet. Not sure if that is available near you.

I get Stilton at Trader Joes.
Thanks for mentioning Grocery Outlet. There is one about a mile from the Sam's Club I go to, but have never been there . I went today and bought some avocados and cheeses. They have imported cheeses from Britain and New Zealand. I bought the Britain cheddar and some Wisconsin cheeses. I like that the cheeses come in small sizes, not like the 2 pound blocks at Sam's Club that would take me a month to eat through.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:31 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
you might want to explore the idea of charcuterie boards. I had one at a restaurant not too long ago that was amazing. THe meats, nuts, olives and fruit spreads are a lovely complement to different cheeses. Mike's Hot Honey goes well with a lot of cheeses. And then there are different kinds of crackers- I particularly like fig and olive crackers (trader joe's has some, but there are other types)

For example, that Dubliner cheddar would likely go lovely with a thin slice of apple and a sourdough toast.

Plus as others have mentioned goat cheeses of all kinds should be tolerable to you. Maybe try a goat brie? I looove brie style cheeses.

And Costco actually sells a prepackaged cheese board that consists of mostly hard cheeses. I think only the Fontina is soft-ish. It's sitting in my fridge right now for company I'm having over later this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink