Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times

Advertisements

I've been told you don't need to be a member to access the independent Optometrist and Audiologist inside many warehouses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 10:19 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I don't know how people got in, at all the Costco I have been to, they ask for membership cards at the front door. We sometimes get the hot dog special, Also liked the brisket sandwich, didn't know that was discontinued.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Most Costco food courts are accessible through the exit doors. Even so, you can go inside without a membership - you do not need one to use the pharmacy.
I've never seen access except through inside the store. Food court or pharm.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:27 AM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I've been told you don't need to be a member to access the independent Optometrist and Audiologist inside many warehouses.
That's right. We are members anyway but we use the Costco optometrist, and you don't need a card for that. We never bother to go in the regular entrance when we have an appointment. What you do is go to the exit and tell the person there that you are seeing the doctor, and just walk in. The doctors are in the "exit" part of the store anyway, the area that you get to after going through the checkout line. It's the same when making a return...go to the exit. The desk for returns is right there.

ETA: When the food courts were still inside, they were in this "exit" area also. Now they've moved them outside, so it's moot, but you never actually had to have a membership to access the food court.

Last edited by saibot; 02-26-2020 at 10:44 AM..

Old 02-26-2020, 10:29 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Me too.

I've never seen access except through inside the store. Food court or pharm.
Yes but there is an entrance (wherecthey check your card) and an exit (where they check your receipt)...most Costcos here the return desk, customer service desk and food court can be accessed by entering through the exit door. Since it is past the cashiers no one checks membership cards.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:57 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,081,380 times
Costco is using cheap hot dogs/sodas to lure people into the stores.......oooh $2.50 for a coke/dog and look honey this 72 inch tv must be a deal too!

Costco is a game, they offer deals on stuff to get you to overspend. Watch the CNBC story on it, the founder is featured in the episode. No signs? Why? So people walk every isle finding stuff they didn't even know they needed!

I usually visit a Costco 3-5 times a year but I don't get the "cult" following of people overloading their carts with too much crap from the 5 lbs of pretzels to the 2 gallons of mayonaise!

Old 02-26-2020, 10:59 AM

130,460 posts, read 12,124,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Costco is using cheap hot dogs/sodas to lure people into the stores.......oooh $2.50 for a coke/dog and look honey this 72 inch tv must be a deal too!

Costco is a game, they offer deals on stuff to get you to overspend. Watch the CNBC story on it, the founder is featured in the episode. No signs? Why? So people walk every isle finding stuff they didn't even know they needed!

I usually visit a Costco 3-5 times a year but I don't get the "cult" following of people overloading their carts with too much crap from the 5 lbs of pretzels to the 2 gallons of mayonaise!
Yeah I make a list of the things I want & like from there, & stick to it. It is too easy to impulse shop.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:23 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
Quote:

That's like saying don't get a free rewards credit card because you might not pay the balance each month...

Old 02-26-2020, 12:39 PM

5,896 posts, read 6,966,247 times
Quote:

Hot dog & soda is $1.50, not $2.50.

One reason people fill up the cart is because they see something in the store they didn't know they needed. Rule #1 for shopping at Costco is that if you see something you like, buy it now, because when you come back in a couple days, it will be gone.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:21 PM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
A number of Costcos in my area have moved their food courts outdoors....... I heard that this new rule would negatively affect the "poor and homeless" (obviously non-members), although there seem to be plenty of other cheap fast food joints around. ..........

If the homeless are lunching and hanging out at the Costco food court, that is reason enough to start requiring membership.

Negatively affect the poor and homeless? It isn't Costco's job to provide a homeless shelter

Old 02-26-2020, 01:54 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If the homeless are lunching and hanging out at the Costco food court, that is reason enough to start requiring membership.

Negatively affect the poor and homeless? It isn't Costco's job to provide a homeless shelter
I couldn't agree more, but...California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink