Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 09:18 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
And are you vaccinated or not?

I help elderly mom (both vaccinations a few months ago) and disabled brother (we finally both got 2nd shot 3 days ago).

I know most probably won't be like us, but we ate out today (on the patio) for the first time in over a year! Felt great getting closer to normal...the Huevos Rancheros were tasty that I got, and the omelets mom and bro got looked great! Crazy year...tired of cooking...We will go back there for $25 lobster Wednesday next week!
We are both fully vaccinated and we have started to eat out. Once indoors, and twice outdoors. It's a simple pleasure that we once enjoyed at least weekly, and it does feel good to eat food that someone else has prepared and just to be served.

I am still not entirely comfortable with eating inside - although we did once in a very socially distanced and safety aware restaurant.

This past year - 2020 - has been dreadful.

Now you have made me hungry for Huevos Rancheros!

Old 05-01-2021, 09:22 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I wouldn’t consider us “post COVID”.

I have been dining outdoors for a while now, weather permitting. I just got my second dose yesterday, and I will probably continue to only dine outdoors. At least until fall when it becomes too cold, at which point I will re-evaluate.
That is a good point also. I don't consider us "post COVID" either. Not by a longshot.

I am most comfortable with outdoor dining.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:03 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,663,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, we're not post-COVID yet. I haven't eaten at a restaurant, indoors or out, for over a year. (I do get takeout) After I get my second dose in a few weeks, I'd probably be comfortable eating outdoors.
Yep...not post covid yet but getting closer. Elderly mom gets meals on wheels three times a week which is great, although mom craves restaurant food sometimes and i get tired of cooking for her and brother. Have been doing lots of takeout (fast food (discovered McD's breakfasts) and mom likes the soup at a hole in the wall Chinese place where they give huge portions). Brother and i just recently got second shot so trying to get comfortable eating out again (on patio only) off hours. Will hopefully be more comfortable 2 plus weeks after 2nd shot. Felt great getting back out there though and looking forward to more soon!

Old 05-01-2021, 10:12 AM

23,611 posts, read 70,493,499 times
Yes, and yes. Fully vaccinated and past the two week mark, chances are extremely low and the effect of the vaccine about at peak. It may be safer to restaurant dine now than in the future when:
A: There are more people
B. The vaccine protection diminishes over time
C. Variants that outfox the vaccine crop up.
D. Drier air of the heating season promotes more spread, as happens every year with common flu

Old 05-01-2021, 10:16 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I have been eating out at restaurants for 2 weeks.

I just moved from Sacramento to Knoxville. No problem at any restaurants here or along the way on the trip here. No COVID either. Could be famous last words but so far so good.

I am awaiting my breakfast of Pork Tenderloin and eggs at Colonel’s Cafe, as I am... Oops, it is here.
Are you vaxxed? That would make a big difference in people's confidence level, I think. I know it affects mine. I've avoided dining indoors and have postponed travel until I get vaxxed, which is today. But then, I understand one has to wait a few weeks for the immune system to gear up and react to the vaccine, so you're not fully-charged until maybe a month later. So....I'll be back to playing a waiting game.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:32 AM

8,500 posts, read 6,913,511 times
Not yet. Carry out only. Restaurant prices here have gone up. Making up for lost revenue from locals and tourists. And the portions are smaller than pre Covid.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:54 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,617,652 times
I'm in Michigan and we're in first place! Whoo Hoo!!!
Oh yeah, not so great to be in first place in this case. So, no. I won't be eating in a restaurant until the numbers go way down and we are in 20th place or something much safer, even though I'm coming up on my two weeks past second vaccine date shortly. Until late autumn, I probably won't be eating anywhere but outside on a patio. Then I'll see how we're doing and if the numbers are nasty I won't be eating in a restaurant next winter either.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:01 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,202,570 times
There are restrictions here. We are fully vaccinated. After our two weeks post second shot, we resumed dining in. We still mask indoors in restaurants and do distancing.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:07 AM

14,346 posts, read 11,742,689 times
Our restaurants have been outdoor only for a long time, and we live in Southern California where the weather is amenable for that 99% of the time. In the past month or so our county has allowed limited indoor dining as well.

My family is not vaxxed, except for 83-year-old mother-in-law. We have no health conditions. We've eaten outdoors at restaurants once or twice a month for the duration, and it is not something we've ever worried about. We have not eaten indoors yet, but wouldn't hesitate if that was something we wanted to do. Daily cases in our county are less than 3 per 100,000 and that is not a figure that I can force myself to worry about.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:09 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,610,748 times
Nope. No eating out since March 2020 and no plan to restart until it is clear that vaccines are driving infection numbers in my area to a very low level. Probably some time in late June or even July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink