Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 11:27 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Adding this: when I make pizza, I make lots of pizza, because there is not much that beats a cold slice of pizza for breakfast.
You better believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 12:21 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
We used to do once a week, but lately I haven't felt like making it, and we still aren't going out much. Plus, if I'm too lazy to make it, I'm also too lazy to go get the car, drive to one of the mediocre places miles away and then drive back home with a pie that's cold by the time I get home.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:26 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
I let my abs/waistline be my guide.

frozen grocery store pizza 1x per week, deluxe (like Blaze Pizza) 1x per month. Since Blaze was one of the only places to stay OPEN during the Pandemic, it's one of the only food apps on my tablet. And I DO eat the whole thing by myself - 11 inches, 6 slices, 6+ toppings, its only $9.95

I dont like super cheap greazy pizza like Little Caesars. If I hold the pizza at a 90' angle and it drips orange grease, I dont want to eat it. If its Chicago Deep Dish, so thick you have eat it with a fork like a calzone or lasagne that's "one slice" territory.

I strongly dislike the old dominant-chain pizzas like PizzaHut, Dominos, Straw Hat because if you walked in and tried to order a 7-topping pizza, they'd tell you that will be $32.99 and their ovens are not setup to effectively cook a pizza with 7 toppings - the moisture content will result a mushy pizza STEAMED in the middle.

I love Blaze because it is made exactly how I want it, jabbing my fat finger into the glass just like Subway and approving each step along the way - And I can mumble "more black olives, por favor" and they dont bark "that'll be an extra $1.30!"

If pizza is a Sin, then I am a Sinner. I try not to Sin too often, but it feels good when I do.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:27 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
and apologies to Drake and for posting 7 year old videos, but still true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3jRQM9VLbM

Old 06-28-2021, 02:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How often do most people eat pizza?
Is once a week too much?
It depends what you mean by pizza.

I make my own once a week, using top quality ingredients, including the yeast which I make with my own hands from flour and water.

My family has not eaten big-box or restaurant or frozen pizza in about three years and I have no intention of letting them do so for as long as I am alive.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:58 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
My husband eats it once/week or more. Makes it and cuts up and freezes it, taking out a slice every so often.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:58 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How often do most people eat pizza?
Is once a week too much?
once every two weeks..have it for dinner and take the leftovers to work.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:00 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
I have never been able to make my homemade pizza taste anywhere near as good as my favorite local pizzas. I would love to be able to master this skill, but so far, no luck.

My local Market Basket sells a gigantic one-topping pizza (18") for $10.99 (I get pepperoni). I usually add mushrooms, onions, fresh tomato, and extra sauce to it, and get it half-baked as they tend to over-cook it (then I bake it on my pizza stone in a 500-degree oven). It is delicious and lasts me several days because it's so huge.

Sometimes if I am feeling virtuous () I'll order a pizza with half the cheese but extra tomato sauce. I really like it that way too.

Oh, typically I order one once a month ... but sometimes I order one once a week, and when it's a Market Basket pizza, that means I'm eating pizza on average every other day ...

=====

Oh, and if anyone has a foolproof recipe, please let me know!

Old 06-28-2021, 03:12 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Sometimes you can't eat it all and just have to take some back home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXUG8q4jKU

Old 06-28-2021, 04:56 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
It really does matter what you consider "pizza." I can eat the L'il Caesar type, but it is not my preferred. Mine are better than those I've eaten out (Don't even get me started on that California Kitchen burnt cardboard with smokey expensive toppings crap) but I'm STILL not satisfied with what I make.

I remember years ago at the drive in theatre our pizza crusts came in frozen, supplied by the mob. Back then, you made the pizza THEIR way, no exceptions. Ever. If you deviated, it was truly bad for your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink