Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,403 times

Advertisements

My Grandma use to forbid my dad when he was a child and me and my sister when we were younger from eating at a local burger joint in NY called Annie's. She claims the cook flicked his cigarette butts in the burgers as he was cooking, or ashes would fall into the food.
Now to this day she denies that she ever said that. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM

3 posts, read 7,403 times
Just recently, I was at a pretty dumpy chinese restaurant in Tallahassee and it was the end of my meal when the waiter came and poured me more water. I was going to go for a sip when I noticed a bug in my ice. I called the waiter over (hardly spoke english), I told him to get his manager. She apologized than wanted me to sign something saying I wouldnt talk about what had happend. I told her I dont sign anything unless my lawyer reads it... which I don't have one. (I'm 19). It made for a good line though. We still had to pay for the meal too. She than asked for a phone number to reach me at incase there was an incident.... hmmm?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
well, this thread is working 100% to help me lose weight. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. Excuse me, my stomach is turning and it ain't a good turn.
HAHAHA

It's working on me too! I was extremely hungry 10 minutes ago before reading this thread. I'm unappetized now.

I think I'll have to bring my laptop bookmarked to this thread everywhere I go

Old 02-01-2008, 11:54 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,078 times
....At a country cafe.

I was eating Country Fried Steak and Fries...
Suddenly, I noticed a huge black lump in my fries. I asked the waiter to identify the object. This is what she said: "Oh, it's just a lump of dead potato that has collected and collected in the frying pan.."

Hmm.... I had to force her to bring me another plate of fries.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
I brought home some Chinese food and I found a hard dark thing in my rice. Taking a closer look it was a very well-done cockroach---ugh--gag..yuk-- to this day it gags me to even think about it. Well at least it was well done!!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM

40 posts, read 400,152 times
Not so much what I found in food, but what I saw done to it:

I worked as a server for a catering company while I was in college. There were a lot of Mexicans that helped out in the kitchen. I witnessed two disturbing acts in one night. One Mexican sneezed in the pan of green beans. Another Mexican dropped a chicken breast on the floor and put it right back into the pan. Management would yell at them, but they never understood what was being said. Needless to say, I never ate anything that came from the kitchen when the Mexicans were working.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,518 times
My boyfriend and I go to Shopper's grocery store for midnight munchies often.

We had a particular craving for donuts one night so off we went. It was maybe 10pm, the latest. So we make our way to the donut aisle, wax paper in hand ready to grab all the jelly-filled, sprinkled, and bavarian creme donuts that we could desire---and then I paused. I noticed one of the donuts moved. And then upon another look, I noticed that the entire ROW of donuts had GNATS covered on them and they were EATING the donuts! I was so mortified that we just turned right back on our heels and left.

On my way out, I saw the store had a huge ad posted on their window that said: "Our donuts eat other donuts for breakfast."

Yeah no kidding...your donuts will eat others for breakfast...BECAUSE THEY ARE ALIVE!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,986,281 times
Just the other evening I was eating a salad from one of those organic, pre-washed, bagged salad mixes. When in the middle of my third bite I found a hair- no big deal so I just figured it might of been mine until after my next bite.. A huge wad of long brown hair tangled up in my lettuce- like someone had cleaned their hairbrush or something. Soooo disgusting!

Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Now that's "organic"!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,958,224 times
i once ate dinner at a crappy chinese restaurant, and i had a soup(forget what it's called), and i found a HUGE fly, floating in the soup i literally brafed on the spot, i don't think i'll ever eat chinese again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink