Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like candy corn?
Love it! 47 39.50%
Hate it! 46 38.66%
Meh. Take it or leave it. 24 20.17%
You gotta mix it with peanuts! 3 2.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,625,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I like a little bit of candy corn at Halloween, but it has to be consumed properly. First, you bite off the white tip, then you eat the yellow base, and finally the orange middle. Otherwise, the universe might implode.
Hmm, well, I bite off the white tip, but then I make my way straight down through the orange middle, and then onto the yellow base. I guess that means that there are two ways to eat candy corn properly, since the universe hasn't imploded, yet. But, I only eat it in October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,927,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Hmm, well, I bite off the white tip, but then I make my way straight down through the orange middle, and then onto the yellow base. I guess that means that there are two ways to eat candy corn properly, since the universe hasn't imploded, yet. But, I only eat it in October.
The universe has only stayed safe from your reckless actions because I eat enough candy corn in the correct manner to negate your ruthless attempt to kill us all!

Everyone knows that primary colors have to take precedence over secondary colors! It's the Law of the Color Wheel! And white takes precedence over every color, because it contains them all.

Please, I beg you to reconsider your Evil Eating Habits. Don't endanger us all by your selfish actions!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,625,801 times
Quote:
The universe has only stayed safe from your reckless actions because I eat enough candy corn in the correct manner to negate your ruthless attempt to kill us all!

Everyone knows that primary colors have to take precedence over secondary colors! It's the Law of the Color Wheel! And white takes precedence over every color, because it contains them all.

Please, I beg you to reconsider your Evil Eating Habits. Don't endanger us all by your selfish actions!
Oh, dear! I have been reckless, haven't I? Good heavens, I shall do everything in my power to change my evil, selfish ways, but old habits are hard to get rid of. You'd better continue to eat plenty of candy corn in the correct manner, (perhaps even some extra), to offset my own bad habits! It may be too late in life for me to make such a drastic change! But, there are a few days left before October rolls around, so maybe, just maybe, I can learn to eat my candy corn properly.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,920,998 times
WAY too much time on your hands....

Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,918,805 times
Quote:
Yes, but have you ever performed the Ritual of the Full Bag of Candy Corn? That's the one where you go through the entire bag, separate all the tips into one stack, the bases into another stack, and the middles into a third stack. Then eat each color all at once, in order.

You can thank me after Halloween for keeping the galaxy safe from harm.
OMYGOSH!!!! I'm not alone. I might not do the ENTIRE bag at once but I will do a handfull at a time. And if I have the Harvest Mix w/ the Indian Corn I eat the chocolate ends as the last treat. When I run out of Candy Corn or Indian Corn and all that is left are those pumpkins - I bite off itty bitty bites and suck on them. Talk about a sugar rush if you eat one whole.

Okay, back to the computer................I had to break to go grab a few. I've learned NOT to keep the entire bag by the computer

What about the mutilated ones - just pulled one out and all it had was a white tip and then the chocolate. I'm now starring at 2 yellow ends and 4 chocolates. GONE!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,465,996 times
Quote:
Yes, but have you ever performed the Ritual of the Full Bag of Candy Corn? That's the one where you go through the entire bag, separate all the tips into one stack, the bases into another stack, and the middles into a third stack. Then eat each color all at once, in order.

You can thank me after Halloween for keeping the galaxy safe from harm.
Yes, I am relieved I am not the only one who is "in" on the correct ritual. My family thought I was OCD for my little idiosyncrasies, but I swear I don't wash my hands 150 times a day. Or pluck off all my body hairs, or something weird. We're not weird SuSuSushi, are we??

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,311,165 times
The last bag of Indian corn I got (um ... last week ... ) had about five all-chocolate pieces. Bonus!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yes, I am relieved I am not the only one who is "in" on the correct ritual. My family thought I was OCD for my little idiosyncrasies, but I swear I don't wash my hands 150 times a day. Or pluck off all my body hairs, or something weird. We're not weird SuSuSushi, are we??
NO! We are perfectly NORMAL! We are solidified into our world and we know where we stand. UNITED and helping to do our part for the betterment of mankind. One candy corn at a time.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The last bag of Indian corn I got (um ... last week ... ) had about five all-chocolate pieces. Bonus!
LAST WEEK! Are you in serious withdrawals? Have you checked into a clinic? If not then go forth and buy another bag quick before it is too late.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM

342 posts, read 1,832,976 times
The only candy I eat ritualistically are M&Ms.
Gotta sort them by color. Then I eat such that each color group has the same number of candies remaining lol. With peanut M&Ms, I sort by color and size. They get eaten by color groups too, but larger ones get picked off before smaller ones. And I swear I'm not OCD either

Candy corns I'm not really into. Indian corns are slightly preferable, but still not something I seek out or ever crave. But when I do eat them, you betcha I eat from tip to base, one color at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink