Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
Back to the Panko, if you guys don't mind... do you have a few recipes that I can try it out with?

Thin sliced boneless pork chops, pound them a bit thinner, dredge in flour, egg wash, panko, quick saute, serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, sides of your choice, dinner's done

Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 PM

8,038 posts, read 10,629,469 times
I love this forum, just wanted to add my recipe for easy, delicious homemade Ranch Dressing. Since I have been making this, my kids don't want the bottled kind anymore. We had barbequed chicken tenders and celery sticks last night, served with this dressing.

2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk or 4 tablespoons powdered buttermilk mixed with 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried or fresh chives
A few turns of the peppermill
1 or 2 dashes of sea salt

You can adjust the ingredients depending upon the thickness you like, or the amount of seasonings. Mix up with a wire wisk and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Thin sliced boneless pork chops, pound them a bit thinner, dredge in flour, egg wash, panko, quick saute, serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, sides of your choice, dinner's done
I just made Tonkatsu, which is almost exactly what you have described, except for pork is about an inch thick and then deep fried. Kids like it. You can cook chicken fingers, shrimp & fish the same way. Panko also makes good topping on baked mac& cheese and other casserole type dish.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,333,392 times
Food's finally tasting better tonight, and the asparagus frittata and linguine with pesto that the spouse made really hit the spot. Our sweet next-door-neighbors (the ones to the north, we're blessed with wonderful neighbors on both sides) dropped off a tiny bag with six little sugar cookies cut into flower shapes as a May Day gift, so that was dessert.

I must tell skbs when she gets back - I emailed my spouse a link to her latest Divasode post with a note saying "and we thought OUR daughter was a drama queen." His reply was: "Our daughter IS a drama queen. The Diva is the drama EMPRESS." I think he's got that right..... I'm not gonna tell poor skbs what she's in for in another decade or so. But I'm sure hoping they come back from their vacation with some more Divasodes!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Ya know what? We need an emoticom that's a smiley face with a fork in one hand and a knife in the other.

I'll check in with you tomorrow, then, Nomad.
http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/13.gif (broken link)

I think we need one for drooling also.

http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif (broken link)

Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,012 times
Doritos. Fridge is still empty.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
Hi there! I have been trying to catch up but I have to get up for a few. I wanted to say HI to you all and I see that the dinners are still scrumptiously being prepared and enjoyed! I only got to pg 187 so I have more to go. I hate to miss good recipes or ideas so I like to read all the back posts.

It has been crazy running back and forth to the hospital, AGAIN, but DD#2 is home and all is well. Finally, I can relax for a bit and make my plans to jump to Vegas to hang with my hubby for a while.

I have not really made dinner much lately. Living vicariously through this thread. I had a greek salad and some hot wings from Little Caesars tonight.

Have a great time all!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,945 times
You guys are all in bed by now and I'm here making a big batch of spaghetti sauce for tonight. We'll freeze most of it. Hubby and I are going overseas next week so it'll be there for the kids. I'm packing up the freezer with their favourites.

It's my own recipe, sort of a Bolognese Sauce but not as much minced beef and pork in there like most recipes. More "saucy". I add a few Italian sausages as well to stew in the sauce - adds flavour. And a rack of pork ribs. I take them out after a couple of hours so they don't completely fall apart in there.

Not sure which pasta we'll have with it. I'll leave that up to the kids. They'll probably choose penne.

We'll have garlic bread and a tossed salad.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:39 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
One here not in bed. I just took a picnic ham out of the weber. That will be dinner tonight along with more sweet corn and something green.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:18 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,713 times
Hello guys!
For tonight, I have planned a barbecue with a couple of my friends!

Have a great Saturday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink