Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

So sorry Cyn. Hideous disease.

Well kids I just "cooked"-made a macaroni salad for tomorrow to go with ribs.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Oo! Let's see, dinner at EM's tonight, Lacey's tomorrow......

Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Morning.

Last night had chinese roast pork on Orowheat potato bread (so soft and yummy) spread w/ mayo. Simple and excellent dinner with bowl of grapenuts for dessert.

Tonight we are going out to Happy Hour with friends.. don't know what dinner will be, but don't know if I'll be in much condition for cooking.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning all. Just checking in and it is another rainy day in the mountains. This is not good for my frame of mine. It is downright depressing.

Anyway DH is having pasta and meat sauce for dinner. I have no idea what I want. Tomorrow is the annual food drive for the mailman to pick up "food goods" so I have to start digging through my pantry. I'm sure I have lots of food to donate.

Have a good day all. I'm going back to hide under the covers.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning all. Just checking in and it is another rainy day in the mountains. This is not good for my frame of mine. It is downright depressing.

Have a good day all. I'm going back to hide under the covers.
I hear ya!! I am so sick of rain!! I bought a few flats of flowers last week that are still sitting on my table outside waiting to be planted. It's been a week of on and off rain!! Hopefully, they are saying a sunny Mother's Day.

Dinner tonight is BLT's and some baked potato chips.

Have a great day!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Happy Friday!! I am soooooooo glad the weekend is almost upon us. I am looking forward to getting some spring cleaning and flower planting done, and going to the Rockies game Saturday night. Sunday I am starting a 7 day diet cleanse so gonna enjoy all the good stuff this weekend.

Last night we went to a neighborhood seafood restaurant for dinner. We had a dozen oysters to start, then I had a bowl of carrot ginger soup with creme fraiche and tarragon that was excellent. Then I had a salad with bibb lettuce, bay shrimp, artichokes, roasted red pepper, and avocado slices with a creamy cucumber dressing and the boy had mussels and frites -- all washed down with some pinot grigio for me and some microbrews for the boy. It was all delicious!!

Tonight my wine from Napa is arriving -- can't wait to have some!! And we are grilling steaks and having creamed spinach and mashed pototoes too.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow-I have AVG and having problems-I hate it!!! It's saying "license expired".
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yep, that's what mine is saying too. Infact I tried fixing it yesterday and really got it messed up! Ha! That's pretty normal for me when I try to fix anything on my computer. I think I'm going to check out a different virus protection.
Y'all might try to just uninstall the avg, and then go online and download a new version. I had to do that not too long ago. Was easier than trying to fix the existing one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just received an email from a dear friend in CA. Her DH has been fighting ALS for three years and lost his battle this morning at 4 AM. This sure has been a tuff year...sigh.....
Cyn, I am so sorry! OK, girl, you were sounding so much happier lately! Please don't let this get to you! Take a deep breath, let it out, and say loudly KATSMEEYOW AND ALL MY FRIENDS AT MY DINNER TABLE LOVE LOVE LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!

Dinner will be .................I have no clue!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Hi all.... working inside and outside today... so I think tonight will be simply BLT's... I've got some already cooked bacon at the ready, so a simple 30 second nuke for the meat will be easy enough... lettuce and tomato at the ready...

Will have to read all the juicy stuff later... SO glad the sun's finally out today.... YAY!!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I think I'm gonna vote with Coastal on supper. BLT's sound good. Just to hot to fire up and cook.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Change of plans-I can do that cause I'm female!!!!

Decided on picking up a great rotisserie chick from the grocer, mac salad's all made, spin. salad. So not even turning the oven on!

Just got some huge boston ferns for the front porch-put them in their planters and ready for hanging-weather permitting. So diff here from NJ where I would be planted and growing already.

Oh HG why are you going to torture yourself that way!!!????

Hawaii heard it finally stopped out there.

NMS-you know there's always a chair and a cocktail here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink