Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times

Advertisements

skbs I better give ya a shout out on the thread too glad you are home!

George you need to get you one of those bicycle flags on a pole to stick in your market carts. Your pup deserved to have gravy on his supper tonight. Good luck with your tomatoes.

I made fried ham, scrambled eggs and english muffins with blackberry jam for supper. We stayed outside until almost 8pm gardening and stuff. I was walking around our front yard looked down there was a morel mushroom. Only thing was it had been grazed with the mower DD didn't see it cause it was so tiny; 7 1/2" tiny! It is soaking in my fridge right now.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
The dinner party was a success. Personally, I was disappointed in the meatloaf. It just wasn't the usual flavor and texture, IMO. But everyone raved over everything, so it's probably just in my head. We had a wonderful visit, tho.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:34 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
I made a 1/2 burger and stir fry veggies for Uncle Don. And then I made the beginnings of my famous ultra magnifico spaghetti sauce. But I never got around to making the pasta part because of AI on the telly.

So we are saving the sauce for tomorrow and I had peanuts and Diet Dew in front of the tube instead.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Oh, good.. I have time to get there for 'sketti. I'll bring some red wine.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) A
small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and
vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook
for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the
mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool
a little, and tip out onto a plate if
desired. EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you
want to feel slightly more virtuous). And
why is this the most dangerous cake recipe
in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away
from chocolate cake at any time of the day
or night!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:06 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
Hello to the table! Kats congrats and get well soon. George I bought one of those mater upside down growing kits.. We will see
No I did not make chocolate cake for me but for Papa and RD. Yesterday I pankoed some thin sliced pork steaks Fried them and topped'em off with country gravy. Mashed potatoes and corn on the cobb joined the plate I ate my corn and some salad. I am really trying...
NMS don't be hard on yourself. We are our own worst critics. It could have been worse you could have burned it ha ha!
Jaxson you crack me up!!!!! All I could picture is George in the market with one of those orange flags that go on the back of kids bikes ha ha ha!!
Welcome back SKBS!! Thank goodness Disneyland is about 45min away from where I live! It is still exhausting though. I feel for ya ha ha!
Well I hope everone has had a lovely evening

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Oh, good.. I have time to get there for 'sketti. I'll bring some red wine.
I'll bring some crusty bread!

Amber - I tell you what, from all the good stuff you cooked, you really are a dedicated dieter and I sooooo admire your willpower! (Oh, and thanks for the congrats and get well wishes!)

Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
NMS we are always most critical of our own cooking aren't we? I have no doubt it was all delish and your guests enjoyed it all.

amber we don't want George going to jail for swiping market carts do we? Kats isn't in GA any longer who would we send right quick with the bail money? BTW my kids are going to l-o-v-e that mug cake deal thanks for sharing.

Trying to get caught up on threads not having much luck when DD was still up. Mom this mom that when do these kids start doing for themselves? That is totally a joke because she majorly pampers me.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Orange roughy, rice, broccoli.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
the saga of fried green tomatoes continues! Never got to make them the other day, but I did tonight, here is what I did;
fried said tomatoes, and made "napoleons", which were; spring greens and arugala as a base, tomato stacked on top, goat cheese over that, then broccoli sprouts, and a tarragon dijon vinaigrette drizzled over all.
I did tilapia with fresh chopped tarragon, white wine, lemon zest, and a bit of olive oil, sealed into a pouch and baked.
On the side was whole wheat cous-cous with tomato, thyme, shallots, garlic, with veg broth as cooking liquid.
I have NO idea what got into me, I have not really been cooking, maybe it was because DH took a vacation day? Anyway, it was really good, and I am my own worst critic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink