Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times

Advertisements

Wishing only the best for you HG. Tonight I think homemade beanie weenies is on tap. I have tired left over from our weekend trip. Just not used to so much fun in a sort time. We will most likely have a green salad too and call it good.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
Easter dinner was nothing. DH problem got worse Sat. night with a trip to the ER and admitted. Still don't know what's happening.
Off to the hospital.
I'm glad everyone had a good day.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Good Morning Friends

It is so nice to hear that everyone's Sunday was a nice one & your dinners all sound delicious.

Our ham turned out to be the best we have ever had, even h said it was much better than Honey Baked Ham Co., or Omaha Steaks and a lot less expensive. The Praline glaze made the ham perfect, it definitely is going to be a keeper. 7 1/2 lb ham @325 for 70 mins., moist, falling off the bone tender, absolutely delicious. More than enough for leftovers, which will be today.

Lisa, congratulations to you. Come on over for cheesecake now.

Jax, no Amish, the owner of a car dealership & family road the horses to dinner.

Mwbw, a similar thing happened in my cart this weekend but it was called Mint Choc. Chip Ice Cream, h says he has no idea how it bounced into our cart.

Nms, still waiting for you.

Time to empty the dw, have a lovely morning everyone. Will check back later. kelsie
Sorry, I must have knocked on the wrong door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Easter dinner was nothing. DH problem got worse Sat. night with a trip to the ER and admitted. Still don't know what's happening.
Off to the hospital.
I'm glad everyone had a good day.
Bella, I'm sorry to hear your hubby is in the hospital. I'll keep you both in my thoughts. Best of luck.

Not sure what's for dinner. We just got over a 2.5 hour meeting w/some insurance folks. (Gawd, I hate insurance. The minute you say the word, my eyes glaze over.) Now DH wants to take the car into town for an oil change. We haven't even had lunch! He's out finishing up what he started this morning, so I jumped on. I'll let you know later what we decide on. Probably leftover turkey.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Oh Bella-prayers for DH (and you).

Rickers-a guy can fantasize can't he. With those numbers tho that's all you better do.

NMS-makes my eyes glaze over too.

I'm drooling at the thought of Coastal's chicken tonight.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
applesauce monster diet
biscuits and bacon in memphis for a week, ouch back on the diet)

Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Bella, you and your DH are in my prayers. I sure hope it turns out to be something easily cured!
Dinner tonight...probably something to do with ham. We had ham sandwiches for lunch today so I'm not sure about for dinner too but maybe. I am just tired today.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Well I decided to take one of the ground chicken packages and make a stuffing for mushroom caps; so stuffed mushrooms....rice or mashed potato and brussel sprouts. It will be different. Its nice enough to open a few windows, so I am cleaning my oven....it has been smoking when I use it....it's been a long winter.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
HG-thoughts to you and hey that's what Mom's do!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Prayers out to HG & Bella!

The weather has been horrible! Trying to get the dog to do his business when it is raining hard is a difficult thing to do. I thought I heard a snapping noise of a tree limb, but didn't think much about it. A tree limb did fall. It is a limb to the Magnolia tree from my *evil* back yard neighbor.

You have to really get on my bad side for me to hold grudges (he sued me once for trespassing and lost but I had to move my air conditioning units out of the alleyway that have been sitting there 10 years prior to me moving to this house)

Anyway, he is clearing the limb that fell on his side of the house on to my backside of the property. I didn't even ask him what he was up to. I just drove right into my garage and shut the door. I hope he doesn't fall into my fish pond. Not to worry, it's not deep enough for him to drown if he does.

The pretty cherry blossoms are strewn all over the neighborhood. They have attached themselves to the front of my house and it appears that I have a polka dotted house now!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Hey everyone, Easter was wonderful. Hope yours was great too. Hubby is out of town so Red Meat Extravaganza starts today. Woo HOO!

Pecan buckle turned out wonderful

Pecan blueberry buckle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the recipe, it called for individual ramekins but I don't have those so I just put it all in a small casserole pan.

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup pecans
1/4tsp salt
4 T softened butter
2 lg eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen (thawed, rinsed and dried)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 6 ramekins with vegtable spray place on rimmed baking sheet. (I used a thin oval casserole dish)

In a food processor put pecans, sugar and salt, pulse until finely ground together. Add butter, eggs and vanilla and process until smooth about 5 seconds. Add the flour and baking powder and pulse until just blended.

Pour batter among the ramekins. Sprinkle the berries over top the batter. (berries will sink to the bottom during baking)

Bake until golden and the buckles pull away from the sides of the pans about 25 to 30 minutes.

Cool on wire rack about 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Substitutions: 1/4 cup shelled pistachios for pecans and rasberries for blueberries

1/4 cup almonds for pecans, 1/2 tsp almond extract for vanilla and pitted, quartered cherries for the blueberries

Tonight for dinner, something with bacon, I think it is going to be blt's. Hope everyone has a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink