Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times

Advertisements

Every now and again I'll troll the real estate sites for cheap houses, and I've noticed that a lot, if not all, foreclosed homes for sale don't have an address, only have an aerial pic of the general area, and any information you want you either have to sign up, or pay for a membership to a web site. So why so vague on the information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 10:00 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Every now and again I'll troll the real estate sites for cheap houses, and I've noticed that a lot, if not all, foreclosed homes for sale don't have an address, only have an aerial pic of the general area, and any information you want you either have to sign up, or pay for a membership to a web site. So why so vague on the information?
I noticed that too, a long time ago, and it's frustrating. I need to see pics! And get more info. The ones I see have a street name but no house number. I am familiar enough with my town that I could drive to any of them fairly easily if I were all that interested.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:18 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
You are likely looking at homes that have been served with a foreclosure notice, but aren't actually for sale. They are just showing up on listing sites as a way to attract consumers to them.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:21 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,754,293 times
Simple answer. All those real estate websites are running businesses. The purpose of business is to make money. They are not accumulating info and tossing it out to the public just to be nice guys. They have something you want. If you want it, you pay them.

Try wandering around in this website-it's free & it may be helpful.

Homes for Sale/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Old 01-22-2015, 10:31 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,914,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Simple answer. All those real estate websites are running businesses. The purpose of business is to make money. They are not accumulating info and tossing it out to the public just to be nice guys. They have something you want. If you want it, you pay them.

Try wandering around in this website-it's free & it may be helpful.

Homes for Sale/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Good Answer - If you want information, you have to pay for it....

Old 01-24-2015, 11:38 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You are likely looking at homes that have been served with a foreclosure notice, but aren't actually for sale. They are just showing up on listing sites as a way to attract consumers to them.
This is a good answer.
Slander Sites identify "pre-foreclosures" which may or may not ever be foreclosed.

Additionally, many para-Sites only scrape from MLS's, and some banks do not allow the MLS listing agent to clearly identify a house as a foreclosure, so you may not see it on the scraper site.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
These foreclosure sites pay individual people for foreclosed home information. These people get the information from many different sources. There is no one source. So these companies pay people to bring them information from all these sources and offer to you at a price. If you pay, you can get all the information you want. If you dont pay, you only get just enough info to tease you.

Pretty simple, fair price.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:28 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Another reason (hopefully) is to help avoid the scammers that prey upon owners of homes in foreclosures.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:15 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times
ok thanks makes sense now.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:51 PM

948 posts, read 920,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Another reason (hopefully) is to help avoid the scammers that prey upon owners of homes in foreclosures.
Probably not. Those people do pay for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs