Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:13 PM

167 posts, read 199,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
For those of us who are considering a potential move to Weston, would it be fair to say we should avoid buying homes that are close to I-75 or 595?

Which areas do you think are in decline?

Thanks
Weston is still a great place to live .. just made Money magazines 100 best small cities to live in .... the only area that I am not crazy about is Bonaventure . Country Isles is not gated thus it is probably easier for this type of thing to occur .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
Quote:
Weston is still a great place to live .. just made Money magazines 100 best small cities to live in ....
Miramar has made the list two years in a row...I take the list with a grain of salt now.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Miramar has made the list two years in a row...I take the list with a grain of salt now.
I totally agree.

Miramar is not good ( except West Miramar, which is fine ).

Old 07-31-2008, 05:25 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Miramar ITSELF is fine except for east of University like every other Broward city. The problem is how close it is to Dade County, cheifly Miami Gardens. West of 75 you are a fair distance from it so that's why that area is a little better. Also the schools are better over there.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
I've been thinking of moving to Weston, do you guys know how is the commute from Weston to Miami ( Downtown ) ???

Last week I went there and I liked ( a lot ). It looks better than Dadeland ( which is where I live right now ) and Pinecrest.

And somebody knows if Courtyards at the Grove ( it's near Cypress Bay HS ), Emerald Courts ( at Weston Rd ) and San Simeon ( near S Post Rd ) are good communities ???

Old 07-31-2008, 08:11 PM

392 posts, read 1,261,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Miramar ITSELF is fine except for east of University like every other Broward city. The problem is how close it is to Dade County, cheifly Miami Gardens. West of 75 you are a fair distance from it so that's why that area is a little better. Also the schools are better over there.
I have to say that there is nothing wrong with Emerald Hills in Hollywood..... Definately nothing wrong with Hollywood Lakes. Also nothing wrong with living east of the Intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood or Hallandale......... ALL east of University Drive.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthAfrica75 View Post
I have to say that there is nothing wrong with Emerald Hills in Hollywood..... Definately nothing wrong with Hollywood Lakes. Also nothing wrong with living east of the Intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood or Hallandale......... ALL east of University Drive.
I am talking about the WEST Broward cities, like Sunrise, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Davie, etc, those cities that expand all the way from 75/Sawgrass to the turnpike. They all decline east of University. I am aware that it becomes a clockwork of good and bad further east of that until you get east of US1 (or Dixie Highway further north).

Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post

Yeah , I take these lists in stride as well ... Sugarland , Texas near Houston where I have family is no nicer than say Coral Springs and it tops these lists all the time ... still Weston is a nice place to live and much nicer than Miramar .

Old 08-01-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Good post ... wow you know your stuff !!!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've been thinking of moving to Weston, do you guys know how is the commute from Weston to Miami ( Downtown ) ???

Last week I went there and I liked ( a lot ). It looks better than Dadeland ( which is where I live right now ) and Pinecrest.

And somebody knows if Courtyards at the Grove ( it's near Cypress Bay HS ), Emerald Courts ( at Weston Rd ) and San Simeon ( near S Post Rd ) are good communities ???

Your commute will suck ... at least 60 minutes or even 90 minutes with any accidents in the a.m.

I like the other two communities better than Courtyards at the Grove .. too close to the HS for my taste and they have had some vandalizing and minor break ins ( cars ) recently .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area