Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,884 times

Advertisements

Greenville may have a couple, and I do mean a couple more murders than some of your favorite places you mentioned above, but you also have to think about road rage, which is out of control in S FL, and also your weekly hit and run incidents in S FL. Hit and runs happen a lot in S FL and leaving someone dead on the side of the road is a murder too, just like a shooting. Greenville does not have these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Greenville may have a couple, and I do mean a couple more murders than some of your favorite places you mentioned above, but you also have to think about road rage, which is out of control in S FL, and also your weekly hit and run incidents in S FL. Hit and runs happen a lot in S FL and leaving someone dead on the side of the road is a murder too, just like a shooting. Greenville does not have these issues.
This is a real issue in So Flo, and probably the only real issue that differentiates us from any other city or state IMO. I'll give you this one.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
This is a real issue in So Flo, and probably the only real issue that differentiates us from any other city or state IMO. I'll give you this one.
It is a big problem, despite what some S FL lovers say. All you need to do is watch the news or read the paper.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,714,590 times
What S Florida lovers? This board has more neg S Florida posts by far.

Hoptoit, you come across so hostile to your former neighbors. Are you just looking for an argument? What is the point you're trying to make here? What is in it for you?

Old 03-10-2009, 02:21 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times
I wouldn't consider fauve to be a South Florida lover at all, either. If your tired of rude Hispanics robbing you in your driveway constantly, you should probably just move.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:38 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times
Chuckle - Compelled - please explain your above post - I really completely missed your point and I want to understand. You know its funny, the people who don't like it here suck you in to the misery they live. I'm trying to stay away from it. What may not be your piece of cak could be mine, so again, no right or wrong just a difference in opinion, but please don't berate the person who doesn't agree with your view.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
If your tired of rude Hispanics robbing you in your driveway constantly, you should probably just move.
Was this directed toward me? You'll have to tell me what I said to inspire this bit, compelled.

As for the first part, I'm not a S Florida lover, but I'm not a hater either.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times
Fauve - he is totally kidding - his sarcasm is hidden, I learned the hard way. I think it may be intended toward another post.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Yeah, I know he's sarcastic - I thought perhaps he was directing it at me. He may not realize that Hoptoit has already moved from S Forida. That's the part I'm trying to figure out. Why she comes on here to bash it. It's making me feel very protective!

Yeah, I just read it again, he must be talking to hoptoit. Compelled, never mind...

Old 03-10-2009, 02:52 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Was this directed toward me? You'll have to tell me what I said to inspire this bit, compelled.

As for the first part, I'm not a S Florida lover, but I'm not a hater either.
Not at all, I was agreeing with you, and suggesting that to HopToIt (should of quoted that).

And for the first part, South Florida is a place, just like Greenville, New York or anywhere else. IMO, loving a "place" is all mental, and like Chelsea said, it's also all subjective. Despite my sometimes (too) dry sense of humor, I really try to be as objective as possible and look at each of the posters here seeking advice on a case by case basis. Things like "rude people" can't really be quantified by anyone, because people are people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area