Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Good luck Chelsa!!! I know that "holy crap" feeling, sometimes I still have that feeling and I'm already here.

I have a very good doctor in Weston and we also use pediatric associates. The Hair Cuttery places in Plantation and Weston are good for hair cuts with reasonable prices.
Nails...I still haven't found a place that I love, but I hear excellent reviews for Venetian Nails in Weston.

When you get here, write to me so we can get together. Good luck!
I will I promise - and thank you for the well wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Good luck, Chelsa!
Thanks Com! I really appreciate your kind words!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I read somewhere that South Florida has only 2 also, summer and hurricane seasons.
LOL - Thanks princess - just what I wanted to hear! I'm weird, but I'd rather hot rain than cold snow.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerfire View Post
Chelsea PLEASE make sure you post details of your move - in 14 days time )

All the very best.
I will love - don't you worry - you have my personal email - shoot me an email anytime!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
LOL - Thanks princess - just what I wanted to hear! I'm weird, but I'd rather hot rain than cold snow.

LOL, I must be weird too cuz I'd rather hot rain then cold snow also.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,571,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I hope it all goes well! I don't plan on coming back to NYC.
I stand at the pier, hanky in hand, shedding a tear as I see the boat pull out and you and your family safely on your way to a new life. I threw out my laptop in disdain that I will no longer be seeing my former old friend who now asserts that she's glad to see the back of her many NYC colleaguies and friends.

Alas, dear lass...while I share your cries of joy and wish you well as you head into another horizon and a new adventure, I log on one more time to say...do not burn the bridges you cross...we'll still be here for you...if you ever need a shoulder to cry on.

Best to you and family, Chelsa!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
I stand at the pier, hanky in hand, shedding a tear as I see the boat pull out and you and your family safely on your way to a new life. I threw out my laptop in disdain that I will no longer be seeing my former old friend who now asserts that she's glad to see the back of her many NYC colleaguies and friends.

Alas, dear lass...while I share your cries of joy and wish you well as you head into another horizon and a new adventure, I log on one more time to say...do not burn the bridges you cross...we'll still be here for you...if you ever need a shoulder to cry on.

Best to you and family, Chelsa!
Thank you very much Miles!

Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM

Chelsa - did you say you found a job from up north? I am curous as to how it worked out. When I call places, they tell me I need to be living there first.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Chelsa - did you say you found a job from up north? I am curous as to how it worked out. When I call places, they tell me I need to be living there first.
Well, I sent my resume to some Recruiters and told them I'd be there during a certain time and they set up a bunch of interviews - I went in the middle of March and the beginning of april - April was more successful since 1st quarter earnings were out - I had 5 interviews 2 offers and to 3 follow-up interviews in that week - reminded me of NY - that is what I am used to - I'm not used to the process taking a long time. I think I may be a fortunate one though. Not sure.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Wow! Well, I'm glad you got something. I hope I can manage something before I move. Otherwise I'm looking at leaping before looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area