Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM

518 posts, read 1,233,587 times

Advertisements

I just stated a fact of our complex. I like it because it makes it very quite. A lot of the condos around here are mostly empty. Most of the people that bought them before couldn't even afford to stay 2 weeks. They never paid there bills at all. They bought for greed not pleasure. Thus the foreclosure mess we have now. Hopefully were almost through the foreclosure mess. but I wouldn't hold my breath on that thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,354,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
That is simply not true.
Map of Cape Coral Florida
The canals with light blue water are all gulf access. Of course the closer to the river the better the access.
That map doesn't even cover HALF of the "canals" of Cape Coral the majority of the canals are no more than drainage ditches. Or Canals to nowhere.

If you are going to make a argument like that show the whole city not just the southern third.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM

616 posts, read 1,566,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
That map doesn't even cover HALF of the "canals" of Cape Coral the majority of the canals are no more than drainage ditches. Or Canals to nowhere.

If you are going to make a argument like that show the whole city not just the southern third.

Entry Points and Short/Long time to Open Water

Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,102,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
Great map, especially if you scroll down it shows what canals are closest to the open water and which ones are pretty far. Could be a great tool for someone that is looking for gulf access and to evaluate one property vs another

Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,349,705 times
Quote:

Gee, all you had to do was click on the bottom to see all the other sections!

Stahls version shows all sections on one page.

Only the freshwater canals are canals to nowhere.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Gee, all you had to do was click on the bottom to see all the other sections!

Stahls version shows all sections on one page.

Only the freshwater canals are canals to nowhere.
Gee I clicked on it the link doesn't work
The point is that the majority of the Canals in Cape Coral are Canals to nowhere, freshwater, saltwater or sewer-water who cares.
The so called canals were put in to place by the city and developersto charge property owners more taxes thats all. Any canal that does not connect to a river or lake or ocean, is a drainage ditch.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,349,705 times
Wrong. The canals were dug to raise the level of the land to build. The majority of the canals do lead to the gulf. Inland canals are technically lakes anyway.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Wrong. The canals were dug to raise the level of the land to build. The majority of the canals do lead to the gulf. Inland canals are technically lakes anyway.
I will say this the "canals" with the "lakes" along them, are but drainage ditches with wide spots that are holding ponds for runoff.
Lakes they are not, nothing that was dug out of the ground around here can be considered 'Lakes".
I've seen real lakes and they don't look like that, nature makes beautiful lakes all by her self.
Lakes yeah right not in a million years..

Last edited by equalrightsforeveryone; 12-16-2010 at 12:54 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 12:57 PM

616 posts, read 1,566,823 times
Quote:
I will say this the "canals" with the "lakes" along them, are but drainage ditches with wide spots that are holding ponds for runoff.
Lakes they are not, nothing that was dug out of the ground around here can be considered 'Lakes".
I've seen real lakes and they don't look like that, nature make beautiful lakes all by her self.
It's a body of water. Who cares if it's man-made or made by nature / higher being. I'm taking a wild guess that the developers, real estate agents, and city officials were trying to supply a demand - water front property. There are people who want this, and people tried to accomodate a need. Now those people are considered greedy.

If you don't like the area - move. Do your research before moving here. Come visit. Stay awhile before purchasing.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 PM

225 posts, read 494,908 times
Quote:
I've seen real lakes and they don't look like that, nature makes beautiful lakes all by her self.
So negative about the Cape. Why don't you just move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area