Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
So negative about the Cape. Why don't you just move.
No that would be the easy way out, I believe that Cape Coral can be a vibrant and functional city.
But your not going to get it by running away, you meet a problem head on and you change the things that need to be changed for the better.
Running away never solved anything.
I have never lived my life like that.

I am willing to do what it takes to make Cape Coral in to what it should and can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
No that would be the easy way out, I believe that Cape Coral can be a vibrant and functional city.
But your not going to get it by running away, you meet a problem head on and you change the things that need to be changed for the better.
I am willing to do what it takes to make Cape Coral in to what it should and can be.
Good luck. Knock yourself out!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:

Well, we know you want your cargo trailer to be allowed to be parked in your yard, I think. What else are you going to change?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
One very big thing the cape needs to do is have great schools and do a good job pr wise to make sure people know about it.

2nd they should try to concentrate on 2 areas. Strive to become the medical mecca of swfl and maybe try to lure a state college to the area as a main. Campus. The army reserve tech training school is a good start. Add into that a strong retirement community with some modest infrastructure and construction and the county seat for gov't jobs you'd have a decent little economy

Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
Good luck. Knock yourself out!
Well it will be a challenge but in the end it will work out, the majority of the people are tired of the status quo.
Never been afraid of a little hard work. And the reward will be great.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 PM

222 posts, read 473,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
One very big thing the cape needs to do is have great schools and do a good job pr wise to make sure people know about it.

2nd they should try to concentrate on 2 areas. Strive to become the medical mecca of swfl and maybe try to lure a state college to the area as a main. Campus. The army reserve tech training school is a good start. Add into that a strong retirement community with some modest infrastructure and construction and the county seat for gov't jobs you'd have a decent little economy
Madness!

The government has no money - it gets money stealing it from taxpayers - both individuals and companies - and then it has the capacity to print the stuff, which the US is doing better than Germany in the 1920s -

Lastly it can borrow.......

There is no other way that the US, (or any other government), can get money.

So why encourage the government to spend more money on the government?

For example, the US spends a fortune on defence and for what reason?

Who is going to attack and take over the US?

If the US stopped spending so much money on weaponry then the US financial crisis would end pretty quickly . A few defence companies will have a hard time for a while but they can turn their attention to something more productive than devising means to kill people!

Discuss

Old 12-18-2010, 07:30 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,330 times
I agree fully! It is much cheaper to buy what you want than it is to blow it up.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 AM

This is the major problem about living in the Lee county area.
Lee county added 2900 jobs in November, But the unemployment rate from 12.9% to 13.4%.
At first when you read this it looks like it is getting better, but it really only means that the unemployment rates have been under reported all along and unemployment was and is a lot higher than the government reports. But at least they are finally admitting it.
Full article
Many in Lee County return to job hunt | news-press.com | The News-Press

Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 PM

And they are at it again the newest scheme
"Cape Coral's Four Freedoms Park may become public beachfront property"
Full story Cape Coral's Four Freedoms Park may become public beachfront property | news-press.com | The News-Press

I can't believe that the local government thinks this is a great idea, who would want their children swimming in a Canal. Considering runoff, boat pollution, danger from boats passing, Some body thinks this will bring tourists. People don't go to the "beach" in the middle of town specially if the "beach"is on a wide spot in a canal.
Unbelievable have they totally lost their minds. This is nuts just totally nuts.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,231 times
Right off, it seems to be an odd idea. It may be an attempt by the city to redevelop that specific area. It could certainly use it as there are some really run down properties along Tarpon Court. Plus, the article states quite plainly: "The city is going to test the water quality for safety." I do agree, though, that it's a strange area for a beach. The city would do better to clean up the Parkway area right in front of the park for starters.

As least someone is trying to come up with ideas, though. Even a bad idea is at least an attempt at doing better.....

Quote:
And they are at it again the newest scheme
"Cape Coral's Four Freedoms Park may become public beachfront property"
Full story Cape Coral's Four Freedoms Park may become public beachfront property | news-press.com | The News-Press

I can't believe that the local government thinks this is a great idea, who would want their children swimming in a Canal. Considering runoff, boat pollution, danger from boats passing, Some body thinks this will bring tourists. People don't go to the "beach" in the middle of town specially if the "beach"is on a wide spot in a canal.
Unbelievable have they totally lost their minds. This is nuts just totally nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area